MCW vs Burke, FWIW | Syracusefan.com

MCW vs Burke, FWIW

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Yesterday on the radio a "draft expert" spent several minutes hyping the German point Schroeder, and then when asked by the host who the best point is after Burke responded MCW, and that MCW is viewed overall as a better pro-prospect than Burke. He said fans are a lot more enamored with Burke than pro scouts because smaller guards often struggle so much in the NBA. He observed that MCW has some things that he needs to improve, but they're all things that he can improve, whereas Burke's limitations will always be limitations.

He gave the rundown as follows:

MCW - Best size of the bunch and his profile is rising, but probably is not an immediate impact player.

Burke - Talented and heady, but big questions over whether he can overcome his size.

McCollum - Boom or bust. He can be Lillard, or he can be just another guy that played college ball for a long time before becoming a pro.

Schroeder - Sleeper player that can come in right away and help a team. He hasn't been playing against great competition, but he's been playing against grown man as a young player and should adjust well to the NBA game.

Yeah, the guys on ESPNU yesterday were pretty much saying the same thing. This Schroeder guy looked awesome in those clips in the Hoop Summit or whatever it was. They were saying he has a Rondo look and game. They were all high on McCollum too. I would say those two over anybody else.

Yeah, the guys on ESPNU yesterday were pretty much saying the same thing. This Schroeder guy looked awesome in those clips in the Hoop Summit or whatever it was. They were saying he has a Rondo look and game. They were all high on McCollum too. I would say those two over anybody else.

From what I've seen of Schroeder, he doesn't look ANYTHING like Rondo IMO. The guy he really reminds me of is Tony Parker. You can see some of his highlights here:
I really like him, but haven't really found all that much film on him to set my opinion of him in concrete.

McCollum...eh. Seems like Monta Ellis minus the athleticism. Seems like he could be a decent guy off the bench maybe, but nothing more IMO.

From what I've seen of Schroeder, he doesn't look ANYTHING like Rondo IMO. The guy he really reminds me of is Tony Parker. You can see some of his highlights here:
I really like him, but haven't really found all that much film on him to set my opinion of him in concrete.

McCollum...eh. Seems like Monta Ellis minus the athleticism. Seems like he could be a decent guy off the bench maybe, but nothing more IMO.
I like Schroeder as well and think with the right team he could be a gem. The Harrison twins and Kasey Hill(all considered the best guards in the 2013 class) couldn't stay in front of him all game and he basically did whatever he wanted on the court. I read he has some maturity issues as well, so it'll be interesting to see how he handle things here in the states.

He committed about 7 carries and 3 travels in that video.

Agreed Francis. I like him a LOT. They said his wingspan was similar to Rondo how crazy long he is. Chad Ford said he wouldn't be surprised if someone gambled on him in the top 5.

MCW got some boards this year where he was sky high. He also blocked some shots where he looked out of position. Considering his wingspan is not as impressive, his athleticism makes up for that. He is deceptively athletic if there is such a thing.

MCW's defense tends to get over looked, as well as his ability to rebound. Combine that with his play making ability, and elite athleticism he just showed during drills i can't see how he slips out of the lottery. since this isn't a strong draft i would definitely take a shot at a PG with measurements nobody else has and has the potential to be special, rather then a pg prospect with a limited ceiling.

All of the draft experts on TV covering the combine are really liking the depth this year at PG and C, fwiw.

My call would be a less athletic version of Sebastian Telfair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom