MCW.... | Syracusefan.com

MCW....

newmexicuse

All Conference
He had a pretty nice floor game with 6 assts - against only one TO against a very aggressive Ville D, and he also added 7 boards. He also had a nice clutch 2nd half run of six straight points. If he converted just two of his misses everybody would be saying what a great game he had.

He had a pretty nice floor game with 6 assts - against only one TO against a very aggressive Ville D, and he also added 7 boards. He also had a nice clutch 2nd half run of six straight points. If he converted just two of his misses everybody would be saying what a great game he had.

I thought he played well.

Big key in the first half was james inability to hit a shot. Too many empty possessions I thought,

Exactly right. Especially the 7 rebounds.

Think about that...our point guard was (tied with Southerland for) our team leader in rebounds today. And then think about what else he is tasked with doing while out there (bringing the ball up on offense & helping the team run the offense most importantly, getting assists, steals from top of the key defense, etc) and then think about the lack of offense some of our big guys bring.

Honestly, why are our big guys even out on the floor if they are not going to even rebound the basketball at a higher level than the point guard? What else are they concentrating on out there?

Ugh. So frustrating, the lack of production (of any kind) we are currently getting from the "5" spot.

I thought he had a very solid game today. The one thing I see in him that needs massive improvement (besides his shot ;)) is his handle. These smaller guards get up in his grill and really bother him. His dribble is so high that he gets his pocket picked and it also accounts for why he gets off his feet so often with nowhere to go.

I thought he had a very solid game today. The one thing I see in him that needs massive improvement (besides his shot ;)) is his handle. These smaller guards get up in his grill and really bother him. His dribble is so high that he gets his pocket picked and it also accounts for why he gets off his feet so often with nowhere to go.

I thought he was FAR better with that today. You could see him actually focusing on bending over and keeping his dribble a little lower in today's game. He had Russ Smith on his back a lot. Was able to get past him with relative ease today; especially when you compare it to the first time we played Louisville this year, when Smith was really in his head.

I thought he was FAR better with that today. You could see him actually focusing on bending over and keeping his dribble a little lower in today's game. He had Russ Smith on his back a lot. Was able to get past him with relative ease today; especially when you compare it to the first time we played Louisville this year, when Smith was really in his head.

I agree that he did better today but he had a few close calls as well. I cringe every time one of these 6' guys get up in his kitchen because to me it feels like a TO waiting to happen.

MCW was the only reason we were in the game at the end. Good performance. Got in the lane, only shot threes if wide open (until the last play which I would accept from a sophomore who is really only playing his first full season), and was big on the boards. The 2 and the 5 are our big problem areas. Would like to see MCW come back next year but realize he is already gone.

MCW was the only reason we were in the game at the end. Good performance. Got in the lane, only shot threes if wide open (until the last play which I would accept from a sophomore who is really only playing his first full season), and was big on the boards. The 2 and the 5 are our big problem areas. Would like to see MCW come back next year but realize he is already gone.

As I said he had a very solid game today. My point is more with regard to the draft geeks that he think he is a lottery pick. Shaky handle plus sub 30% from three equals bust waiting to happen.

Thought MCW played one of his better games today. He was under control. Converted a few drives to the rim that he usually misses. Made free throws. Was a big factor on the boards with 7 rebs. One big drawback was James got into a little rhythm in the 2nd half, hit his last 3 at 9 minutes and didn't get another shot. MCW has to set him up for more especially late. Instead he takes a wild 3 when he had time to set up a better shot. But that's due to inexperience. Triche on the other hand was a total disaster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom