MCW's "flagarant" foul. | Syracusefan.com

MCW's "flagarant" foul.

OrangeCrush22

All Conference
Just re-watched it in slow-mo. His elbow grazed the guys shirt. Also, f@ck these refs. They're letting the game get out of control.

Edit: Flagrant*

Just re-watched it in slow-mo. His elbow grazed the guys shirt. Also, f@ck these refs. They're letting the game get out of control.

Defender with both hands on offensive player on the perimeter = defensive foul. Call never should have happened.

We fell apart but that call was the worst f****** call in the history of sports. I
That was four point and we were done after that.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Definitely garbage. Worst call of the night.

Hancock is Colin Falls or Kyle Kuric in my book.

I walked out of my house and took a 2 mile walk after that call. I knew what was in store for the remaining 10 minutes of the game and I didn't care to witness it. If I had stuck around my 60 inch big screen might have a remote control embedded in it.

I wouldn't be able to keep my composure when I'm getting raped every play. I would've knocked Hancock the F out instead of just grazing.

On a night where I have absolutely no personality This made me laugh.

the sad thing is that there would be some fists thrown in a pickup game if it were played the way the ville plays d.. that should say enough.. they use there hands to keep contact trying to make it look like they are using their feet.. if they didnt use their hands the ballhandler would blow by every time. what a shame to have the final be tourney game reffed that way..

Know what's funny about that call, and calls like it? When I was growing up and going to basketball camps (which was in the 90s, so still recent), coaches taught you to grip the ball, and pivot and clear space with your elbows out. That is your space and you are entitled to it, they drilled into you.

And now MCW is being ridden and he's not allowed to pivot to clear space and give himself a little room.

I understand why the elbows thing is an issue, but as McDonough pointed out, how the hell else was MCW going to actually turn and get himself a little space without doing what he did?

Oh, and he was blatantly fouled before that.

Know what's funny about that call, and calls like it? When I was growing up and going to basketball camps (which was in the 90s, so still recent), coaches taught you to grip the ball, and pivot and clear space with your elbows out. That is your space and you are entitled to it, they drilled into you.

And now MCW is being ridden and he's not allowed to pivot to clear space and give himself a little room.

I understand why the elbows thing is an issue, but as McDonough pointed out, how the hell else was MCW going to actually turn and get himself a little space without doing what he did?

Oh, and he was blatantly fouled before that.

Taught the same thing.

There has to be a difference between leading with your elbow on a guy playing legit defense, and someone just making a basketball move. And, most importantly, call the freaking foul before the elbow.

I guess he could have pulled a Dieng and used all 3 pivot feet to walk himself away from the defender - but I have a sneaking suspicion they would have called that one. :(

Both of these were horrendous. The guy totally took MCW down. And on the "t", where we were watching, no one thought MCW made contact with the elbow. He did a slight body check first, but we saw no contact. The Louisville guy just did an academy award job of jerking his head back.

Those refs lost control the second they didn't call Siva for his 15 step travel. Letting a team play defense in the shorts of the opposition is absurd. I agree that not only was MCW fouled, but he did nothing in swinging his arms. That's what every kid growing up is TAUGHT TO DO!

Louisville's gonna pay for this cheat job, & I can't wait to see them fall...

Siva is a Div. 2 guard.

The bench guards at my college were better than him.

Louisville's gonna pay for this cheat job, & I can't wait to see them fall...

Siva is a Div. 2 guard.

The bench guards at my college were better than him.
Stop lol. I cant stand the way they played and especially the way the refs allowed them to play but Siva is not a Div. 2 guard haha...this is on par with the James Thues is better than MCW thread.

the sad thing is that there would be some fists thrown in a pickup game if it were played the way the ville plays d.. that should say enough.. they use there hands to keep contact trying to make it look like they are using their feet.. if they didnt use their hands the ballhandler would blow by every time. what a shame to have the final be tourney game reffed that way..

Agreed. Maybe the refs should use the criteria of "if you would punch someone in the face in a pickup game if they did that to you" to determine fouls. Because they sure as hell are not using any other criteria.

Love this post. Pickup games are where you man up and dont call ticky tack fouls or you look like a *****, but if the other guys keep playing the way Ville played, guarandamntee more than just a "legal" elbow gets thrown. Half of Ville would be missing teeth today.

I said to the people I was watching the game with that if I was one of our guards I would have been tossed from the game already. About the second time I got knocked down I would have literally tackled the guy from the ground.

I can't wait for the day when Lville or Pitt or Georgetown come out in the 2nd half and decide they will play chest up on every guy with the ball, and the refs actually enforce the rules and call a foul on every play until they stop. It would be awesome, but probably a fantasy.

I honestly think that this was the perfect time for JB to get a damn T. Once the momentum is clearly showing this game is gone something extreme needed to be done. You could hear a few times how much he was complaining to the refs about the lack of calls and even at one point when they finally called one telling them not to start calling it now after ignoring it all night. I would have loved to see an old school Bobby Knight chair throwing breakdown and really draw some attention to the ridiculous play that is passed off as great defense by some of these teams. Maybe not to that extreme, but something.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I honestly think that this was the perfect time for JB to get a damn T. Once the momentum is clearly showing this game is gone something extreme needed to be done. You could hear a few times how much he was complaining to the refs about the lack of calls and even at one point when they finally called one telling them not to start calling it now after ignoring it all night. I would have loved to see an old school Bobby Knight chair throwing breakdown and really draw some attention to the ridiculous play that is passed off as great defense by some of these teams. Maybe not to that extreme, but something.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Perfect time to get T'ed up. Game was out of reach, at least put some notice on what went on. L'Ville is a damn good defense but there not so good that they can flip a switch and suddenly our lottery pick PG and our Senior SG literally cant get a millisecond of seperation when theyve been able to for 2 1/2 games against these same guards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom