MCW's game tonight | Syracusefan.com

MCW's game tonight

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
5 pts.

only made one field goal

only took 3 shots

yet one of the best games he played all year .

(8 assits, 1 turnover, 3 steals)

Agreed, plus hit a huge 3 when we needed it. Also a big offensive rebound that allowed SU to run more clock towards the end.

Last 2 losses: 7/29, 8 turnovers, 6 assists

Hopefully he realized what he has to do for us to win.

His body language was terrible though. When Cooney hit that big three every person on the bench jumped up and cheered except one... the same guy who wasn't in the huddle at the very next time out.

His body language was terrible though. When Cooney hit that big three every person on the bench jumped up and cheered except one... the same guy who wasn't in the huddle at the very next time out.
I noticed that, too. Perhaps he was deep in thought, re-evaluating his life and the choices he has made. Pondering the limitless universe...

Was that in the first half? He seemed completely different in the 2nd half.

He was still looking to pass early and often in the 1st half, but he was extremely flat and slow footed on defense. In the second half, he came out literally hopping around the court defensively and at one point in the 2nd half, I remember him walking over to each one of his teammates to give them a high five (which I feel like shouldn't be a big deal, but with how his demeanor looked in the first half, I think it was kind of a big deal that he did that in the 2nd half).

All in all, he looked far less emotional than we've seen in recent games. In terms of emotion, he was more Brandon Triche (stoic) than DaJuan Coleman (chest pumping after a made layup) last night.

Our section noticed that, too - Southerland was kind of on the fringe of the huddle and Mike turned and stood directly behind him, farther out than the walk-ons.

Loved the offensive rebound that was noted above. Also liked the defensive activity during the 10-0 start (not so much the next couple possessions) and the return to taking very few shots. Hope that trend continues; everyone will benefit. Why take a 25% shot when Christmas, Grant, and Fair are scoring at will?

I noticed that too and wonder if he was under the weather last night.

I noticed that, too. Perhaps he was deep in thought, re-evaluating his life and the choices he has made. Pondering the limitless universe...

That's some deep you just mentioned...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom