Meanwhile, Ole Miss is... | Syracusefan.com

Meanwhile, Ole Miss is...

What does this say about our D? We did not have the personnel suited to the zone. No wide body underneath and not enough length on top.

What does this say about our D? We did not have the personnel suited to the zone. No wide body underneath and not enough length on top.
Man, how I wished I could have seen Thompson and White playing man to man.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln.

I don't know--what does it say? How badly did we whip GT when we played them two weeks ago?

Maybe the transitive property doesn't apply from game to game, against different teams.

Saiz had 19/15 on 8/11 shooting. Didn't quite so well against the zone though did he

2 of 14 from 3 land in the first half vs. GT and down 9.

I'm sure NC State said the same thing about Gillon, when they saw his stats for the next game.
Or GaTech re: AWIII - the game after he torched them in the Dome.

Sometimes, a guy goes NBA Jam ON FIRE against you, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
See: Gillon, White, that guy from Ole (NEVER) Miss against us, etc etc etc.

It says nothing. Some days you have great shooting days. Other days, you have bad shooting days.

did GT contest the 3s or did they just not make the 3s.. We missed a ton of 3s against Miss and most of them were about as wide open as any we had all year.

I'm sure NC State said the same thing about Gillon, when they saw his stats for the next game.
Or GaTech re: AWIII - the game after he torched them in the Dome.

Sometimes, a guy goes NBA Jam ON FIRE against you, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
See: Gillon, White, that guy from Ole (NEVER) Miss against us, etc etc etc.

I understand. However, the one constant in those examples is uncontested shots. Give good shooters wide open looks at this level and more times than not it's going to burn you. We know all too well as SU fans about the unknown dude or key player that goes off for a career night.

Saiz had 19/15 on 8/11 shooting. Didn't quite so well against the zone though did he

Who cares? I'm sure that's what Ole Miss talked about after hitting all those wide open 3's against us afterwards. Dang, our guy in the middle wasn't getting his tonight. :rolleyes: They got the W and most teams I'm sure would trade 3's for 2's all day long and twice on Sundays...simple math.

Tech led the game wire to wire. Don't think they ever trailed...on the road at Mississippi.
Effort, urgency and playing like you care also make a big difference. Tech is a team that hasn't had any success recently so they were psyched for this. And Pastor did a great job motivating his team. Evident in his pre game pep talks.

Even though one game is not determinant, our iffy three point defense killed our season. It seems as if, at times, our players had to conserve their energy and did not play as tight on D as they might have otherwise. Sometimes random players get hot and that is to be expected. However, we were unable to consistently stop the known three point shooters that were supposedly our focus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom