Meathead Dazzler | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Meathead Dazzler

I’m thrilled to not have a D first coach finally.

Addazzio is a good coach though that could be the worst P5 job when you consider fan support and geography he takes them to a bowl nearly every year and gets guys drafted.

I know this stuff is pretty normal, most people can deal with it - but personally I think it’s weak to need this kind of stuff to prepare your team. It’s the opposite of strength and toughness. Leaders get guys to run through walls without it.

I know this stuff is pretty normal, most people can deal with it - but personally I think it’s weak to need this kind of stuff to prepare your team. It’s the opposite of strength and toughness. Leaders get guys to run through walls without it.
. Explain please

Let’s be fair they asked a disgruntled bench warmer vs a recruit ! They are correct about Dino , first cl
The youngest Millenials are now out of college, so there is nothing relevant to Millenials and this story.
The youngest Millenials are now out of college, so there is nothing relevant to Millenials and this story.
Soft spoiled kids how’s that

So sick of these Pajama Boys not understanding the game of FOOTBALL. It is literally a war and you’re teammates need to depend on you every Saturday when you go into battle. CTE just another name for being a crying snowflake imo.

So sick of these Pajama Boys not understanding the game of FOOTBALL. It is literally a war and you’re teammates need to depend on you every Saturday when you go into battle. CTE just another name for being a crying snowflake imo.
I gotta disagree with you there. CTE is a serious issue. Not some excuse for snowflakes.

There's an All-Conference, Round 2/3 draft prospect out there whose father I work with. They took an official visit to BC and the Dazzler sat the kid down in his office with his father and mother. Addazio says something along the lines of "You're a rich kid from *famously wealthy NYC suburb*, why should I offer you a scholarship when there are kids out there who would run through a brick wall just for a chance to go to college?"

BC immediately went from a top choice to crossed off the list. The dude is really insane.

There's an All-Conference, Round 2/3 draft prospect out there whose father I work with. They took an official visit to BC and the Dazzler sat the kid down in his office with his father and mother. Addazio says something along the lines of "You're a rich kid from *famously wealthy NYC suburb*, why should I offer you a scholarship when there are kids out there who would run through a brick wall just for a chance to go to college?"

BC immediately went from a top choice to crossed off the list. The dude is really insane.
Sounds like your friend and his son maybe shouldn't be so entitled.

This whole generational bashing is garbage. If kids today are soft and spoiled it’s because their parents suck at parenting. So people complaining should look in the mirror.

Yeah but that would require taking some responsibility, maybe some introspection. Easier to just blame a generation en masse imo.

This whole generational bashing is garbage. If kids today are soft and spoiled it’s because their parents suck at parenting. So people complaining should look in the mirror.
Yep. My generation went to high schools that many times didn’t support all sports. Varsity spots were hard to come by and not everyone could play. Cut day was real and it sucked. so when we raised our kids we wanted them to not only be part of a team but actually play. We passed every school budget that contained funding for sports. We even told schools to pay for the equipment, don’t send buses, we’ll take care of getting kids to / from practice.

Many took it too far, lobbied for sports where there were no cuts. Mandatory playing time for kids. and our kids became a generation with bookcases filled with participation trophies who have no coping skills.

These kids are a product of their environment, it’s not like they were suddenly injected with a snowflake gene.

Yep. My generation went to high schools that many times didn’t support all sports. Varsity spots were hard to come by and not everyone could play. Cut day was real and it sucked. so when we raised our kids we wanted them to not only be part of a team but actually play. We passed every school budget that contained funding for sports. We even told schools to pay for the equipment, don’t send buses, we’ll take care of getting kids to / from practice.

Many took it too far, lobbied for sports where there were no cuts. Mandatory playing time for kids. and our kids became a generation with bookcases filled with participation trophies who have no coping skills.

These kids are a product of their environment, it’s not like they were suddenly injected with a snowflake gene.

Yep.

I feel the same way when adults bash kids for how addicted they are to their phones. I mean, it’s adults who invented smart phones, then optimized apps to be highly addictive, and then handed them to children to act as surrogate parents. Guess who’s at fault for kids being hypnotized by Instagram and Snap? Hint: it ain’t the kids.

Ummmmm my kids are far from soft !
My kids have old school respect , values , and morals instilled in me from my parents the greatest generation we have ever had !

. Explain please

There are a lot of ways to build toughness, respect, passion, etc. without being a demeaning, arsehole to other human beings. It’s lazy leadership.

You could make the case there’s a segment of the population that gets “being a jerk” mixed up with “being a tough leader” ... like in the 40% range lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom