Meet and Greet with Lawrence "Poetry" Moten Last Night | Syracusefan.com

Meet and Greet with Lawrence "Poetry" Moten Last Night

poc44

Scout Team
As you get older it takes something pretty cool to be able to make you feel like a kid again for a little while. Tonight meeting my idol growing up took me back to my days playing basketball and wearing my socks high because of the influence he had on me. Tonight was one of those nights that I will always cherish.

Lawrence was a true gentleman and very down to earth. I have been waiting a decade plus to try and meet him and he didn't disappoint. He spoke to the group for twenty minutes, took questions and answered from the heart, stayed all three hours and showed up on time ready for his fans. He with out a doubt bleeds orange and blue.

I was even able to get him to sign my Moten jersey that I have been patiently waiting for him to sign for decades now. Luckily the jersey was protected in my closet ready to go. He was cracking up pretty hard when I had him sign an 8 X 10 picture of him driving on Michael Jordan. I had him inscribe it "MJ is my bitch".

Overall such an incredible night and well put on by the alumni group of Philadelphia and Henry Yoo.

As you get older it takes something pretty cool to be able to make you feel like a kid again for a little while. Tonight meeting my idol growing up took me back to my days playing basketball and wearing my socks high because of the influence he had on me. Tonight was one of those nights that I will always cherish.

Lawrence was a true gentleman and very down to earth. I have been waiting a decade plus to try and meet him and he didn't disappoint. He spoke to the group for twenty minutes, took questions and answered from the heart, stayed all three hours and showed up on time ready for his fans. He with out a doubt bleeds orange and blue.

I was even able to get him to sign my Moten jersey that I have been patiently waiting for him to sign for decades now. Luckily the jersey was protected in my closet ready to go. He was cracking up pretty hard when I had him sign an 8 X 10 picture of him driving on Michael Jordan. I had him inscribe it "MJ is my bitch".

Overall such an incredible night and well put on by the alumni group of Philadelphia and Henry Yoo.

That is awesome. I feel the same way about Jim Boeheim. I always have lived on the west coast and had never met him but did while I was in college at a coaching clinic in Seattle with my brother and he was so nice, down to earth and talked to me for like 30 minutes after he was done teaching his section. The next morning he even saw me walking down the hallway at the clinic and said, "Hi Aaron." It was like we were friends or something. It sounds stupid but it was an amazing feeling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom