Melo Anthony... | Syracusefan.com

Melo Anthony...

Dedes is "new" again, and it's kind of unfortunate what has happened to him. He was doing the Knicks broadcast on the radio before being offered and accepting the play-by-play position with the Lakers. About a week after he left LA and signed back on with the Knicks, because the Lakers wanted him to be exclusive to the Lakers, and Dedes wanted to branch out, as well as call 90%+ of Lakers games, he was charged with DWI in the Hamptons. Later in 2011, he found himself lucky to be back on MSG doing the Knicks games yet again on the radio, but also on TV filling in for Mike Breen when Breen does ESPN/ABC games. Wouldn't be surprised to see him work his way into a national broadcasting position sometime soon. He's very, very good.

Too bad- I think for introductions it was kinda cool to draw out the "Caaarrrrrmelooooo Anthony"...but that's just me. ;)

Agreed. I rarely call him anything other than Melo, but for those rare situatiosn Carmelo just has a better ring to it.

Dedes is only 32 or 33. If he doesn't hang out with Jason Kidd we'll be hearing him for the rest of our lives.