Melo - ASG Record | Syracusefan.com

Melo - ASG Record

Telling ASG stat: A total of 242 shots were attempted, and there were zero blocks.

Don't know which ASG is more of a joke, the NBA or the NFL.

Telling ASG stat: A total of 242 shots were attempted, and there were zero blocks.

Don't know which ASG is more of a joke, the NBA or the NFL.

Probably NFL but clearly both a joke. Shameful, really!

Probably NFL but clearly both a joke. Shameful, really!
What do you want them doing? Committing hard fouls and risking injury?

They basically show off for 3.5 quarters and play for real with about 6 minutes left in the game. I'm fine with it.

I meant the whole spectacle of it now. The setup, ticket prices, media coverage, etc. Clearly a circus.

What do you want them doing? Committing hard fouls and risking injury?

They basically show off for 3.5 quarters and play for real with about 6 minutes left in the game. I'm fine with it.
In football going all out and playing defense can result in injuries. How is playing a little defense in basketball going to risk injury? The whole NBA All Star weekend is a joke. Based on the reaction of the attendees of All Star Saturday Night or whatever it is called now they all would agree with me. Those fans made our 35K at the Georgetown game last year look like the wildest fans in the history of the world. I would be pissed if I paid for tickets to either event and sat through what the NBA "produced."

I am not claiming the NFL Pro Bowl is any better. I just don't understand how the NBA gets a free pass and the press slams the NFL and calls for an end to the game.

Last edited: