Melo has 45... | Syracusefan.com

Melo has 45...

Wow...Jason Kidd hits the three and draws the foul with the game tied.

And JVG points out correctly that Kidd kicked his leg out to draw the "foul."

In watching it again, that's a play you'd call either "dirty" or "savvy" on the part of Kidd.

Melo is on a mission this year. Changed man. love it!!

Also, love this new rivalry. Fun as hell to watch.

In watching it again, that's a play you'd call either "dirty" or "savvy" on the part of Kidd.

I saw Kobe do the same thing the other day but he missed the shot. However, he got three free throws out of it. I rank that on the same level as a flog. It's just ridiculous that it gets called.

I was glad to see Doris Burke on the broadcast. I think she does a good job.

I'd say savvy... It's drawing legit contact.

10x better than a flop IMO.

Playing a ton of minutes, much better defense and still scoring a ton. Driven like I haven't seen before.

MVP... what a special special season. The Knicks will not be stopped.

Best.player.in.the.league

Seeing Kidd do that leg thing reminded me of Colin f'cking Falls. That little always did that at ND.

I know you are unbiased and everything, but let's take a step back.

Tell me who is better right now? Lebron is taking the regular season off... Durant is playing pretty well, but not as well as Melo. It's not even close at this time guys. Melo impacts the game in all phases.

I'd say to this point Melo is the MVP and is playing better than anyone else in the league. If you are not comfortablesaying he is the best in the league just admit that to this point he is playing as well or better than anyone else thus far this season.

Tell me who is better right now? Lebron is taking the regular season off... Durant is playing pretty well, but not as well as Melo. It's not even close at this time guys. Melo impacts the game in all phases.

Love your sig pic. It's like a Rob Moore nightmare.

I'd say to this point Melo is the MVP and is playing better than anyone else in the league. If you are not comfortablesaying he is the best in the league just admit that to this point he is playing as well or better than anyone else thus far this season.

No doubt he is the frontrunner for MVP right now, but he is still not the best player in the league. Put it this way... if you had a draft right now for a single season, would Melo be your 1st pick?

I am a huge fan of Melo, but I would still take Durant or Lebron ahead of him. And F Lebron, but it's true.

No doubt he is the frontrunner for MVP right now, but he is still not the best player in the league. Put it this way... if you had a draft right now for a single season, would Melo be your 1st pick?

I am a huge fan of Melo, but I would still take Durant or Lebron ahead of him. And F Lebron, but it's true.

I think you'd have to take a long hard look at Melo #1 right now. Howard's star has fallen, Lebron looks content now that he has his title. It's between Durant and Melo right now.. with Lebron a distant 3rd.

For one season this season yes Melo. Am I a homer? sure but he is the most motivated big star this season IMO and his team has had one of the biggest improvements from last season to this season.

His 3pt% is up a little other than that he his averaging right around him career numbers. Last year was a down year because of the lockout and no training camp, but really the biggest difference is he is doing it in NY and not Denver so the hype machine is in full effect.

I think you'd have to take a long hard look at Melo #1 right now. Howard's star has fallen, Lebron looks content now that he has his title. It's between Durant and Melo right now.. with Lebron a distant 3rd.

Durant is a better shooter but Melo's offensive game is far more diverse IMO.

His 3pt% is up a little other than that he his averaging right around him career numbers. Last year was a down year because of the lockout and no training camp, but really the biggest difference is he is doing it in NY and not Denver so the hype machine is in full effect.

You clearly have not watched a Knicks game this year or do not understand anything but offense, he is actually playing defense something he never did in Denver or for most of the time he has been with the Knicks, he's a complete player this year and is also passing and rebounding better then he ever has.

You clearly have not watched a Knicks game this year or do not understand anything but offense, he is actually playing defense something he never did in Denver or for most of the time he has been with the Knicks, he's a complete player this year and is also passing and rebounding better then he ever has.

I watch EVERY Knicks game and the new Melo is largely over blown. Yes he is playing better defense but the system in Denver under Karl was a faster paced game more possessions quicker shots and a bunch of guys that played bad defense. Mike D'Antonio's system is similar but worse D'Antonio doesn't coach defensive at all. (see the Lakers) Woodson teaches and preaches defense but it all about team concept (that is why he can play it with a bunch of 40 yrs olds) and the first step is good floor balance on the offensive and yes Melo has bought in. But Melo has been on the last 3 Olympic teams for a reason he's a great player and has been a great player for years. Basketball is a team game I'm going to keep writing this until somebody believes me Melo hasn't changed very much at all he just has better players around him!

Old man Kidd - 37 mins; 75% from 3; 7 RBs; 6 Asts; 0 TOs; 18 pts

What a deal.

I watch EVERY Knicks game and the new Melo is largely over blown. Yes he is playing better defense but the system in Denver under Karl was a faster paced game more possessions quicker shots and a bunch of guys that played bad defense. Mike D'Antonio's system is similar but worse D'Antonio doesn't coach defensive at all. (see the Lakers) Woodson teaches and preaches defense but it all about team concept (that is why he can play it with a bunch of 40 yrs olds) and the first step is good floor balance on the offensive and yes Melo has bought in. But Melo has been on the last 3 Olympic teams for a reason he's a great player and has been a great player for years. Basketball is a team game I'm going to keep writing this until somebody believes me Melo hasn't changed very much at all he just has better players around him!

I wish I knew how to only quote a certain section of your text but anyway, you talk about buying in which Carmelo is doing this year and what he hasn't done in the past. This is in my opinion the biggest change and sign of maturity and why the Knicks are doing so well and why people are saying Melo is a better player. Also a couple of those Denver teams that he was on had pretty decent talent but as you said played horrid defense.

The best player does not always in the MVP. The Media loves a good story, Derrick rose in 2011. Jordan should have won more MVPs as should Lebron but the voters don't want to keep giving it to the same dude.