Melo on why Woodson has him at the top of his game... | Syracusefan.com

Melo on why Woodson has him at the top of his game...

Such an awesome statement from Melo. I can't think of a better endorsement for JB than what Melo says about him in that interview with Stephen A Smith.

It's a teaser for the Sunday Conversation that they showed on SportsCenter. The full interview with Stephen A Smith will be on Sunday SC.

even better than an article... nice.

It's a teaser for the Sunday Conversation that they showed on SportsCenter. The full interview with Stephen A Smith will be on Sunday SC.

I hope they'll have the good sense to edit out the Stephen A. Smith portion of the interview.

Caught the teaser as well.
Basic breakdown; paraphrasing-
"At Syracuse, Boeheim trusted me & just let me play. I was just having fun playing ball, getting everyone involved. But when I got to Denver, George Karl and I didn't always see eye-to-eye. We clashed at times. Now that might've been my fault, maybe I was too immature. Maybe Karl saw something in me and expected more from me than I was able to give at that time. Whatever the reason, I wasn't having fun anymore- we won, but I wasn't happy. Here in NY with Woodson, it's like the Boeheim Effect all over again. He trusts me with the ball and if I'm not playing well, he'll let me know"!

The highlighted part is what stuck out to me.
Its proof positive that Melo has finally matured, enough to recognize his own faults as well...again, FINALLY.
Also, George Karl has had a track record of bad mojo w/ star players. From Dale Ellis in Seattle, Ray Allen in Milwaukee, to Melo, KMart, JR Smith, even Chauncey Billups in Denver. He likes teams like the one he has now, no superstar- just very good players.
Go figure. :noidea:

The best thing Woodson said to Melo was "just be you". Karl always thought Melo should be Lebron...making plays for everyone else AND scoring 25 per game efficiently. Well, not all forwards can do that (hell, most guards can't either..it's unrealistic). Now Melo can just go out there and take high quality shots on a great team and give effort on the defensive end. Jason Kidd and Ray Felton can worry about distributing and getting others involved.

This is going to be such an awesome year for Carmelo. Olympic Gold, NBA championship and MVP. Insane.

I heard that the refs who did the SU OSU game last year are assigned to do all Knicks playoff games. Melo is toast. ;)

So . . . . . . . . . . . .

Carl as a coach is like being married and your wife is always trying to change you.

While Woodson as a coach is like when you have a new girlfriend who still thinks your awesome and just wants to bone.

So . . . . . . . . . . . .

Carl as a coach is like being married and your wife is always trying to change you.

While Woodson as a coach is like when you have a new girlfriend who still thinks your awesome and just wants to bone.
And......
Boeheim would be like your first "real" g/f who just "gets you", is eager to please, and... loves to BONE!
Got it! ;)

Caught the teaser as well.
Basic breakdown; paraphrasing-
"At Syracuse, Boeheim trusted me & just let me play. I was just having fun playing ball, getting everyone involved. But when I got to Denver, George Karl and I didn't always see eye-to-eye. We clashed at times. Now that might've been my fault, maybe I was too immature. Maybe Karl saw something in me and expected more from me than I was able to give at that time. Whatever the reason, I wasn't having fun anymore- we won, but I wasn't happy. Here in NY with Woodson, it's like the Boeheim Effect all over again. He trusts me with the ball and if I'm not playing well, he'll let me know"!

The highlighted part is what stuck out to me.
Its proof positive that Melo has finally matured, enough to recognize his own faults as well...again, FINALLY.
Also, George Karl has had a track record of bad mojo w/ star players. From Dale Ellis in Seattle, Ray Allen in Milwaukee, to Melo, KMart, JR Smith, even Chauncey Billups in Denver. He likes teams like the one he has now, no superstar- just very good players.
Go figure. :noidea:

DoctorBombay is that an actual pull from a broadcast weather update or was it shopped, because it's hilarious.

DoctorBombay is that an actual pull from a broadcast weather update or was it shopped, because it's hilarious.
Couldn't say, it was sent to me by a friend.
It took a second to see it, but I LOL'd when I caught on ! :D