Melo still feeling it, has 10 points in the first quarter. | Syracusefan.com

Melo still feeling it, has 10 points in the first quarter.

Deano

All American
Lithuania hanging tough, only down 8 at the end of the 1st quarter.

And Lithuania now down just 1, with the ball. 7 minutes left.

2012 > 1992

:rolleyes:
Totally agree - 1992 beats these guys hands down. This year's team plays crappy defense and is basically a jump shooting team. Kobe's age is starting to catch up withhim, especially on D. I don't know how many guys on the other team went around him for buckets today. This is the one main category that separates him and MJ.

I just saw an insane stat on Twitter regarding the 92 team that puts into perspective how dominant they were. Chuck Daly didn't call a single timeout during the entire Olympics.

USA starting to pull away, up 9 with the ball and 2 minutes left.

Once again, Lebron comes up clutch and rescues them.

I just saw an insane stat on Twitter regarding the 92 team that puts into perspective how dominant they were. Chuck Daly didn't call a single timeout during the entire Olympics.

USA starting to pull away, up 9 with the ball and 2 minutes left.

Yeah I believe that he went into the tournament with that as a goal, and there wasn't much of a reason to call any time outs.

Totally agree - 1992 beats these guys hands down. This year'splay team plays crappy defense and is basically a jump shooting team.

Can't agree they play crappy D overall. They didn't play any big guys, which killed them in the paint, but they forced a ton of turnovers.
I agree Kobe looks really old right now.

Lithuania was getting to the rim at will. Wouldn't this have been a perfect time to give Anthony Davis a few minutes to protect back there?

Lithuania was getting to the rim at will. Wouldn't this have been a perfect time to give Anthony Davis a few minutes to protect back there?

If Coach K doesn't put Chandler in there I can't see Davis having a shot.

But yes, I was begging to get Chandler in there.

If Coach K doesn't put Chandler in there I can't see Davis having a shot.

But yes, I was begging to get Chandler in there.
Ah, I only started watching late in the third so the way they kept showing Chandler I just assumed he either fouled out or got hurt.

Ah, I only started watching late in the third so the way they kept showing Chandler I just assumed he either fouled out or got hurt.

Ha, that's when I started watching as well. You could be right, I just assumed he wasn't playing him; maybe I'm wrong.

It was funny how they cut to him every time Lithuania had an uncontested layup.

No one was in foul trouble. Seemed to me the point was to pressure the ball and try to force turnovers and bad decisions and Chandler just didn't provide them the matchup they were looking for. If the US shoots a reasonable percentage only 61% from the stripe, 30% from the arc and 41% from the field, then the game really isn't close, despite Lithuania shooting nearly 60% from the field.

Totally agree - 1992 beats these guys hands down. This year's team plays crappy defense and is basically a jump shooting team. Kobe's age is starting to catch up withhim, especially on D. I don't know how many guys on the other team went around him for buckets today. This is the one main category that separates him and MJ.

That's why that whole debate was ridiculous to begin with.
The major difference between the Original Dream Team and these guys, was the MENTAL aspect of the game.
That 92 team won before stepping on the court, and with an MJ, Bird, Magic, etc- they NEVER relaxed.
These guys coasted vs Nigeria and got happy- guaranteed the Originals wouldn't have let that happen.

I wondered why K didnt just run the entire offense through Lebron in the post. Seemed to work well for MIA this year...seemed pretty good the last 8 possessions of this game as well. "Break open Lebron incase of emergency"

The major difference between the Original Dream Team and these guys, was the MENTAL aspect of the game.
That 92 team won before stepping on the court, and with an MJ, Bird, Magic, etc- they NEVER relaxed.

Let's not forget the competition wasn't nearly as good in 92.

The major difference between the Original Dream team and this one is the original dream team had great big men and this one doesn't have any at that level.

Stop that, Knicks. Do not let facts get in the way of people's irrational nostalgia about the 1992 team.

The major difference between the Original Dream team and this one is the original dream team had great big men and this one doesn't have any at that level.
If this team chose to have D12 (healthy and Bynum (assuming he was mentally there and healthy) over Iggy and maybe Davis, I think they'd have a decent shot against 1992.

Excellent point. The rest of the world pretty much had never played against any of the NBA players, were in awe of them. Only one foreign player in '92, Toni Kukoc, was an NBA player. Hoops worldwide has gotten much better, the foreign competition is far superior to what it was in '92; 29 NBA players and 18 former NBA players are on foreign teams in the 2012 Olympics. http://www.nba.com/2012/news/07/27/nba-players-in-2012-olympics/index.html

Excellent point. The rest of the world pretty much had never played against any of the NBA players, were in awe of them. Only one foreign player in '92, Toni Kukoc, was an NBA player. Hoops worldwide has gotten much better, the foreign competition is far superior to what it was in '92; 29 NBA players and 18 former NBA players are on foreign teams in the 2012 Olympics. http://www.nba.com/2012/news/07/27/nba-players-in-2012-olympics/index.html

Drazen Petrovic as well.

kukoc wasn't playing in the NBA during 92.

Wasn't Sarunas Marcilinous (no chance spelled correctly) in the NBA at this time?

kukoc wasn't playing in the NBA during 92.

Wasn't Sarunas Marcilinous (no chance spelled correctly) in the NBA at this time?
And Vlade Divac. Who can forget about Vlade?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom