Melo to the Bulls | Syracusefan.com

Melo to the Bulls

May move again stay tuned

He’ll be a laker soon

I thought Houston had released him long ago? They wouldn't release a player that is on a veteran minimum contract .. a contract that is partially shared by the rest of the league under the CBA.

That was really petty by the Rockets.

It's all up to Melo now. If he is willing to accept a bench role with a good team he may find it, but he has to know that it may not be a #6-#8 role on a team, but a #9-#11 role on a team where he plays 15-20 minutes against some teams, and very little against others when the team is at full health.

made his coin. best start thinking about his legacy. 2003 was a long time ago.

I thought Houston had released him long ago? They wouldn't release a player that is on a veteran minimum contract .. a contract that is partially shared by the rest of the league under the CBA.

That was really petty by the Rockets.
Don't really think there was anything petty about it... Both sides agreed to wait and explore options, unfortunately for Melo there is really no market for him right now. Houston needed to make a move now to clear a roster spot so they can sign Kenneth Faried... and Chicago ended up being the lucky team that made some cash because they were able to put him on their roster for 5 minutes. Rockets probably would have waived Melo right after the trade deadline, which would have allowed him to be a free agent (which is what he wanted all along).

i feel like Popovich could find use for him. He’s not lazy like all these other trend hoppers. (Yes that was a hot take attempt)

Roster wise, I think he could help Charlotte the most of all the potential playoff teams.

Plus they’re boring.

Plus he’s been a Jordan Brand guy for his entire career, so Mike must like/respect him.

This is tarnishing his legacy . Im disappointed the guy wont accept a bench role and help a team. Sad to see him go down like this..

This is tarnishing his legacy . Im disappointed the guy wont accept a bench role and help a team. Sad to see him go down like this..
The Rockets pulled the plug on him after 10 games and placed him in limbo. He was more than willing to accept a secondary role but wasn't given the chance.

As for any of this tarnishing his legacy, that's a huge crock.

Quit reading the press, that’s why he went tohouston as a bench player

LOL no one remembers over the hill Joe Namath as a San Diego Charger. GTHO with “legacy.”

Oh wait it was Johnny U with San Diego. I rest my case!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom