Melo | Syracusefan.com

Melo

Watched the game. Very impressed. He was almost too unselfish looking for his teammates. It had to be pretty satisfying for him to beat up on Houston. There was one play that just wowed me though. There was a loose ball and Melo jumped on the floor corralling the ball, then 2 Houston players tried to wrestle the ball away which Melo won by passing the ball for an assist while sitting on the court. Great old fashioned hustle play.

My hope for Carmelo is that in a critical game in the conference finals or the finals, the other shooters aren't having a great game and he steps in and leads to a big win - kind of a Willis Reed moment in that he'll be remembered for stepping up when he was needed. Not that it should erase his whole career.

My hope for Carmelo is that in a critical game in the conference finals or the finals, the other shooters aren't having a great game and he steps in and leads to a big win - kind of a Willis Reed moment in that he'll be remembered for stepping up when he was needed. Not that it should erase his whole career.

Unfortunately, this Portland team might wanna start worrying about a playoff spot before they start dreaming of conference or nba finals.

Portland can't trade him.

I wonder if they will give him a release, if requested by him or his agent to sign on with somebody else after the deadline. Probably would be a few teams interested now.

I wonder if they will give him a release, if requested by him or his agent to sign on with somebody else after the deadline. Probably would be a few teams interested now.
i just typed i expected them to trade him.

why cant they?

is it because of when he signed?

Didn’t he publicly say he wanted to retire with Portland last couple days.

Fit is important and he fits there who knows about the other teams. I hope he stays put and has 2-3 more seasons like this one.