Men's college basketball desperately.... | Syracusefan.com

Men's college basketball desperately....

GENESEO1983

Walk On
Needs a 30 second clock!!! This slowdown brand of basketball is boring and ruining a beautiful game!

I feel like there's a lot wrong in college hoops these days.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

the 30 second clock might actually be counterproductive given the inability to shoot at the collegiate level.

Needs a 30 second clock!!! This slowdown brand of basketball is boring and ruining a beautiful game!
I think if the shot clock started on a made basket, that would solve the issue. 10 seconds to inbound and get ball over halfcourt. No more 5 second count on in bounds

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I think if the shot started on a made basket, that would solve the issue. 10 seconds to inbound and get ball over halfcourt. No more 5 second count on in bounds

I love that. Never heard that idea before. Seriously.

suppose it takes 5 seconds or more to even get the ball to the inbounder. we've all seen this. still fair?
plus you'd have to call a technical on any player who even inadvertently touched the ball after a made basket.delay of game.

suppose it takes 5 seconds or more to even get the ball to the inbounder. we've all seen this. still fair?
It is to the defense. Will quicken the game up. Make it 12 seconds. If the ball gets knocked away after a hoop, the ref can blow the whistle and restart the clock

the ref can blow the whistle and restart the clock

well there goes the time savings

It is to the defense. Will quicken the game up. Make it 12 seconds. If the ball gets knocked away after a hoop, the ref can blow the whistle and restart the clock

Why not just start it when the inbounding team touches the ball? If it takes them 1, 5, 10 seconds just to get it in bounds, so be it. I like the idea of a 30 second shot clock or keeping the 35 second clock with it starting before the ball is in play. The only issue I could see is when the game clock is stopped and a player rolls the ball in. The 30 second clock would run, but not the game clock. Might not be an issue, but could be a concern.

In the end, I'm not sure a different shot clock would change all that much. The lack of shooting will remain. Players that don't necessarily have a variety of offensive moves will still be there. That doesn't change with a different clock. In fact, it may get worse if we start seeing more rushed shots...

I'm in favor of the 30 second shot clock. They also need to move the 3 point line back to where it is in the NBA or do something along the lines of 3 pointers only count for 3 in the last 2 minutes of each half. The 3 line where it is part of the reason most kids don't shot mid range jumpers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

the ref can blow the whistle and restart the clock

well there goes the time savings
I meant if rhe ball rolla away from the basket and the offense cant get it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online