Mercer and Lehigh | Syracusefan.com

Mercer and Lehigh

no way. vermont was a really bad team. these teams that beat duke actually are decent. not saying that duke shouldn't get crap for it..or that I would have tolerated losses to such teams with any grace..but come on man..vermont should have been a 16 seed.

no way. vermont was a really bad team. these teams that beat duke actually are decent. not saying that duke shouldn't get crap for it..or that I would have tolerated losses to such teams with any grace..but come on man..vermont should have been a 16 seed.

The year they beat us? You're nuts if you think that. Vermont should have been a 9 or 10 that year. They almost beat #1 Kansas at Kansas that year.

I would disagree with "really bad team" They were 25-7 on the year and lost by only 11 to eventual FF Mich St team. That is not a bad team.. Under rated yes.

What did CJ McCollum do in that game vs Duke? Don't remember. I don't know. Mercer looked great. WAY better than a 14-seed, imo. Good athletes too. 7 seniors and even balance. Should be a great game vs a hot Tennessee team.

STEVEHOLT said:

You're kidding me right? Vermont was a really bad team??? Not even close.

There is NOTHING worse than the loss to Richmond, nor will there ever be throughout the rest of recorded history on Planet Earth.

I feel very sad and bad about the Duke loss. Have a lot of unhappy friends and a brother who lives for the tournament, as do I. We often bond around it and it's a time of year I really look forward to so we can have that kind of fun. Oh well. We're all losers in the end. Except one.

These early exits for Duke are starting to become a habit. I could care less what my Duke friends think with the amount of trash they talked this year.

Bet the Duke board is a riot right now

The first thing I did when I got home from work was head over to their board...not as much of a train wreck as I hoped for, but still enjoyable.

The year they beat us? You're nuts if you think that. Vermont should have been a 9 or 10 that year. They almost beat #1 Kansas at Kansas that year.

110% agree. I question the sanity and/or intelligence of anyone that thinks that Vermont team was a 'bad team'. What was their RPI, #26? Massively under-seeded team, didn't get the respect they deserved because nobody heard of Vermont. Apparently in some quarters they still get no respect.

Has the one and done rule hurt coach K? The three years he had one and done studs he choked (Irving, Rivers, Parker)

Vermont finished 2005 57th in KP. Obviously some of that is because they beat us. Probably not a true 13 seed though

Vermont finished 2005 57th in KP. Obviously some of that is because they beat us. Probably not a true 13 seed though

And that wasn't even the biggest upset of that first round. People love to bring up Vermont but not the fact that Kansas as a 3 seed lost to Bucknell.

What did CJ McCollum do in that game vs Duke? Don't remember. I don't know. Mercer looked great. WAY better than a 14-seed, imo. Good athletes too. 7 seniors and even balance. Should be a great game vs a hot Tennessee team.
He had 30, absolutely tore them up.

And that wasn't even the biggest upset of that first round. People love to bring up Vermont but not the fact that Kansas as a 3 seed lost to Bucknell.
I seem to recollect that they played a strong non-conference schedule early in the year. I remember a bit of hype of Tyler Capernoth (sp?) giving Kansas a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom