Mets out, Blue Jays in as Buffalo Bisons' parent club | Syracusefan.com

Mets out, Blue Jays in as Buffalo Bisons' parent club

The Mets basically traded AAA affliates with the Blue Jays and are now stuck with Las Vegas for two years. Besides being 2200 miles away, the elevation and thin desert air are a major turnoff when dealing with young pitchers, and the Mets are expected to do as the Blue Jays did, and keep their top prospects in AA longer than normal.

The Chiefs agreement with the Nationals also expires in two years. At that point, I would hope that the stars will be aligned properly and the Mets will finally sign an agreement with Syracuse. It would be a nice setup for the Mets, whose AA franchise is located about 68 miles south of Syracuse in Binghamton.

The Chiefs agreement with the Nationals also expires in two years. At that point, I would hope that the stars will be aligned properly and the Mets will finally sign an agreement with Syracuse. It would be a nice setup for the Mets, whose AA franchise is located about 68 miles south of Syracuse in Binghamton.

Agree from a logistical standpoint it makes a lot of sense for the Mets to be in Syracuse. My opinion is I still like the Nationals organization and their treatment/handling of their prospects and minor league system better and would love for them to sign a long term deal in Cuse. Baseball fans in Syracuse are missing out on good players and great atmosphere at Chiefs stadium with the Nats. I've been surprised about the poor attendance but some of that can be related to stadium location and missed marketing opportunities.

Agree from a logistical standpoint it makes a lot of sense for the Mets to be in Syracuse. My opinion is I still like the Nationals organization and their treatment/handling of their prospects and minor league system better and would love for them to sign a long term deal in Cuse. Baseball fans in Syracuse are missing out on good players and great atmosphere at Chiefs stadium with the Nats. I've been surprised about the poor attendance but some of that can be related to stadium location and missed marketing opportunities.
I agree, the Nationals are a top notch organization that has been decent to the Chiefs. We could do far worse.

They have been helped by finishing so poorly for so long; you have to earn the right to draft players like Strasburg and Harper. But they have a fine front office and I expect them to continue to have a strong farm system in future years.

Here is how the Chiefs have done in the Nationals era:

Syracuse 76-68
Syracuse 76-67
Syracuse 66 74
Syracuse 70 74

No pennants, basically .500 play. Not great, not bad.

The Mets minor league operation has been, well, a minor league minor league operation for years but with Alderson in charge, things appear to be on the upswing and I think the farm system will be well stocked in coming years.

It really stinks for Syrarcuse fans having to root for Blue Jays prospects, rivals of the Yankees and Nats prospects, rivals of the Mets. It would be great to have a stretch where a local favorite was affiliated with the Chiefs. The Yankees have been gone since 1978. It has been far too long.

Bite your tongue. Syracuse doesn't have a AAA affiliation unless it is with the Yankees.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Met fan here. I wanted the Mets to hook up with Chiefs, (who were their first farm team in 1962), for obvious reasons. But with the mets ownership in the bad shape they are in, it's better for the Chiefs to be with the Nationals.

Now if we could just make the playoffs, like every other team in the league has done an average of four times since we last did it!