MFK - Notre Dame, Rutgers, Uconn | Syracusefan.com

MFK - Notre Dame, Rutgers, Uconn

Ozcuse

All American
You know it's the slow part of the football season...

In light of the recent news out of Providence and the oft instability in the Big East Conference I give you:

A twist on Marry, , Kill with Notre Dame, Rutgers and UConn.

For those who don't know - http://www.marrykill.com/

Definitions:

Marry - invite to ACC conference

- schedule a yearly OOC game for basketball and every other year for football

Kill - Wipe off the damn map/send to irrelevancy

I'll start:

Marry- Notre Dame Fightin' Irish. As hard as it is to say, I think they add the most in terms of stability, dollars, and tv sets. Also, I don't see them as a direct competitor for the same athletes we are going after. There may have been some recent head to heads in football, but in the big picture we are not recruiting in the same circles.

- UConn Huskies. Hey we've had some good times in the past. We've gotten the best of them recently in basketball and they've gotten the best of us in football. I think it would be a good way for us to throw them a bone (pun intended), and hey who knows they may be an ACC member some day. PP's their coach and who can really be mad at him? That would be like being mad at your grand father.

Kill- Rutgers Scarlet Knights. Would anyone really miss them? We would pick up their recruiting and their market share. They would be left having to pay for their stadium expansion out of the general fund (oh wait, they already do!) and Rutgers Al's head would explode. I don't really see any downside.

You know it's the slow part of the football season...

In light of the recent news out of Providence and the oft instability in the Big East Conference I give you:

A twist on Marry, , Kill with Notre Dame, Rutgers and UConn.

For those who don't know - http://www.marrykill.com/

Definitions:

Marry - invite to ACC conference

- schedule a yearly OOC game for basketball and every other year for football

Kill - Wipe off the damn map/send to irrelevancy

I'll start:

Marry- Notre Dame Fightin' Irish. As hard as it is to say, I think they add the most in terms of stability, dollars, and tv sets. Also, I don't see them as a direct competitor for the same athletes we are going after. There may have been some recent head to heads in football, but in the big picture we are not recruiting in the same circles.

- UConn Huskies. Hey we've had some good times in the past. We've gotten the best of them recently in basketball and they've gotten the best of us in football. I think it would be a good way for us to throw them a bone (pun intended), and hey who knows they may be an ACC member some day. PP's their coach and who can really be mad at him? That would be like being mad at your grand father.

Kill- Rutgers Scarlet Knights. Would anyone really miss them? We would pick up their recruiting and their market share. They would be left having to pay for their stadium expansion out of the general fund (oh wait, they already do!) and Rutgers Al's head would explode. I don't really see any downside.

It is in Syracuse's best interests to have both UConn and Rutgers become irrelevant on both revenue sports.

Haven't heard mention of this game since ski club back in middle school. Yeesh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom