Miami putting a beating on BC | Syracusefan.com

Miami putting a beating on BC

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
clock strikes midnight for BC....or maybe Miami just came out slightly more focused than their last opponent.
Final 69-42. UGH!!!!!

i dont think people how realize how truly terrible bc is. that loss to them will go down in history as one of the most inexplicable ever. bc is one of those teams that the our zone defense actually helps. and i dont want to hear about how we limited them to x number of points. it was a low possession game...in fact they would have beaten us the first game if we didnt get so many run outs on turnovers. they should have been held under 50 like they were today.

i dont think people how realize how truly terrible bc is. that loss to them will go down in history as one of the most inexplicable ever. bc is one of those teams that the our zone defense actually helps. and i dont want to hear about how we limited them to x number of points. it was a low possession game...in fact they would have beaten us the first game if we didnt get so many run outs on turnovers. they should have been held under 50 like they were today.
I don't want to go all anti-zone here but with all these garbage ACC teams being built like ND, maybe we should do something to show our athletic superiority. Press, switch up defense, trap up top...anything to speed these clowns up.

I don't want to go all anti-zone here but with all these garbage ACC teams being built like ND, maybe we should do something to show our athletic superiority. Press, switch up defense, trap up top...anything to speed these clowns up.

our zone defense is very good. it allows us to win games we otherwise would not win. having said that...there are downsides...it will occasionally allow inferior teams to stay in games and actually beat us. when it doesnt produce turnovers...it often times hurts our OFFENSE.

what worries me is that the ACC teams have recently been able to dribble into the heart of the lane around our guards...no entry pass to the top of the key needed..literally dribble right into the lane itself..once they get there..its game over.

you always hear the announcers crowing about how the way to beat the zone is to pass the ball to a player at the top of the key. this is not true. that is exactly what Boeheim wants...it results in a quadruple team of the receiving player...dealing with long armed jumping jacks...it rarely ends well.

our zone defense is very good. it allows us to win games we otherwise would not win. having said that...there are downsides...it will occasionally allow inferior teams to stay in games and actually beat us. when it doesnt produce turnovers...it often times hurts our OFFENSE.

what worries me is that the ACC teams have recently been able to dribble into the heart of the lane around our guards...no entry pass to the top of the key needed..literally dribble right into the lane itself..once they get there..its game over.

you always hear the announcers crowing about how the way to beat the zone is to pass the ball to a player at the top of the key. this is not true. that is exactly what Boeheim wants...it results in a quadruple team of the receiving player...dealing with long armed jumping jacks...it rarely ends well.
Ennis and Cooney are a major downgrade from Triche and MCW on the defensive end. Size, athleticism and discipline they don't give us what we got last year. They can't do anything about those first two characteristics but the discipline HAS to be there.

It's imperative that we recruit long guards. Notice how different our defense is when G is up top.

If they stay home on defense, our back line is so athletic that we are still elite defensively.

Yeah, well, Miami didn't get BC's "best shot" like we did...

Yeah, well, Miami didn't get BC's "best shot" like we did...

Best shot??? Cuse had 10 extra possessions on BC (17-7 turnover edge). I'm tired of hearing the excuse that teams are giving SU their best shot when SU is playing like a mid-major right now. The zone has been known to give up open 3's, and we can't score. Let's start calling a spade a spade.

Good. BC deserved to lose after ruining that pretty record of ours.

Lil Rick said:
Best shot??? Cuse had 10 extra possessions on BC (17-7 turnover edge). I'm tired of hearing the excuse that teams are giving SU their best shot when SU is playing like a mid-major right now. The zone has been known to give up open 3's, and we can't score. Let's start calling a spade a spade.

25-1. We have a middle of the pack offense in the ACC. We have one of the best defenses. We are one of the best offensive rebounding team in the ACC.

The only thing right in your post is the stat and the fact that a zone typically gives up open threes. The rest is negative drivel.

That's a spade.

What we could do is score some points.

That has been the damn issue.

were your other 11 posts as bad as this one?

"i dont think people how realize how truly terrible bc is. that loss to them will go down in history as one of the most inexplicable ever."

7 foot man drowns in shallow end of pool inexplicable . police still looking for clues.

Unfortunately with Baye's injury our jumping jack shot blockers have mostly disappeared.

25-1. We have a middle of the pack offense in the ACC. We have one of the best defenses. We are one of the best offensive rebounding team in the ACC.

The only thing right in your post is the stat and the fact that a zone typically gives up open threes. The rest is negative drivel.

That's a spade.

You mean the best defense that gives up all those 2nd half open 3's to BC? Ok, just checking.
Best offensive rebounding teams... true... which is all the more sad that we now struggle to crack 60. Cool.
Why is it negative? Because it's true? Show me how BC gave us their best shot if my post was inaccurate. I'd love to hear...

were your other 11 posts as bad as this one?

My point was to quit looking for cop-outs for why we're struggling. The logic of the OP I had replied to equated to "it's not Syracuse's fault..."

Teams aren't playing like Nova in the '85 title game against us. And if they make shots like BC did, it's cuz they are OPEN.

Can't fix a problem if we fail to recognize one exists.

In addition to our woes shooting the last game, our forwards played badly on the defensive end. Need CJ and Grant to step it up today. Rotate quickly, box the out and contest those corner threes.

Yeah, you take away those three consecutive Cooney steals/dunks, and that game may have been headed in the wrong direction as well. Would be nice if we had a better transition game - we have the finishers we need. Just not happening now - the pace is always dictated to us. Leaves little margin for error, but we've been great down the stretch of games - hopefully the BC game was an aberration in that regard.

Honestly against nonathletic teams like BC we need to press right away to establish a lead. However we can't press because JB only plays 6. So we're stuck. The issue is not the zone, the issue is that we are so short on bench that we can't even slightly adjust our strategy.

When BC tied us after we led 13, we should have the capability to get Roberson, Johnson, and Buss on the floor and just press them. If they pick up some fouls no big deal and our starters are not getting extra tired for the final crunch time.

My point was to quit looking for cop-outs for why we're struggling. The logic of the OP I had replied to equated to "it's not Syracuse's fault..."

Teams aren't playing like Nova in the '85 title game against us. And if they make shots like BC did, it's cuz they are OPEN.

Can't fix a problem if we fail to recognize one exists.
we have nothing to do with fixing the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom