Miami | Syracusefan.com

Miami

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Why are they so good against above average/good teams and so bad against average/bad teams?

They are so Jekyll and Hyde it's absurd.

Some teams are just like that, they have trouble getting up for the bad teams. They did the same thing a couple years ago when they won the acc, they had some really bad losses that year, that was the reason they didn't get a one seed.

Why are they so good against above average/good teams and so bad against average/bad teams?

My opinion is thus: They were the worst good passing team I have seen in awhile. They all seemed to be pretty adept at moving the ball, but the whole team seemed pretty haphazard/lazy in that they threw the ball around pretty recklessly.

It felt like Cooney was about a fingertip away from a steal 307 times in the first half. I was actually surprised we didn't turn them over more than what we did. I would imagine they come out more focused against better teams, and lack that level of focus against crap teams - which keeps them in the game. And anything can happen if you let teams stick around long enough.

That's my $0.02.

They are very dependent on their 2 excellent guards for the majority of their scoring. Which makes them dependent on perimeter shots which can be inconsistent. When Rodriguez and McClellan are hot they can beat anyone.

image.jpg

Some teams are just like that, they have trouble getting up for the bad teams. They did the same thing a couple years ago when they won the acc, they had some really bad losses that year, that was the reason they didn't get a one seed.

Ironically one of those losses that was deemed really bad at that time (and into selection Sunday), became the darlings of the NCAA tournament that same year - Florida Gulf Coast.

IMO, it's because they're a mediocre team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom