Mich St focuses on Dolezaj, new opportunities? | Syracusefan.com

Mich St focuses on Dolezaj, new opportunities?

Caboose

Scout Team
We're at a point now where teams can't simply ignore Dolezaj or give him space. Izzo has to be aware of that, so now I wonder, are we going to see more opportunities for our big three because of this? I believe that will be the case Sunday against Mich St. I'm looking for a good showing as now four of our guys deserve significant attention on the offensive end, not just three. This is exactly what I was hoping for come tournament time. Great job by Marek. Love the kid.

I was thinking about that this morning. Izzo was scouting the teams in person. He got to see Dolezaj light it up in person and is gonna give him more attention then he probably deserves. Should free our big 3 up

We're at a point now where teams can't simply ignore Dolezaj or give him space. Izzo has to be aware of that, so now I wonder, are we going to see more opportunities for our big three because of this? I believe that will be the case Sunday against Mich St. I'm looking for a good showing as now four of our guys deserve significant attention on the offensive end, not just three. This is exactly what I was hoping for come tournament time. Great job by Marek. Love the kid.
One word: Fatigue.
We are so gassed, and at times last night it was glaring. If we can stay within 6-pts w/ maybe 5 minutes left, i like our chances against anybody.

We are so gassed, and at times last night it was glaring. If we can stay within 6-pts w/ maybe 5 minutes left, i like our chances against anybody.
Oh how I wish this was a late game. This team could use all the rest they can get.

I don't think yesterday will change the way Michigan State defends. The thing that interest me the most is if Izzo will insist on playing two bigs at the same time. I hope they do because Bridges on the wing is much easier to deal with than Bridges in the high post. Jackson is an amazing shot blocker and defender, hopefully Izzo limits him to 20-25 minutes.

Dolezaj was great last night and a big reason why we won. But he will not be the "focus" of MSU defense on Sunday.

There are 30+ game tapes out there that will drive the MSU game plan. Their collective focus will still be the big 3 and taking away dribble penetration. Obviously, they will not leave MD unguarded, but I think he will have similar opportunities to what he had against ASU and TCU.

...if Izzo will insist on playing two bigs at the same time. I hope they do because Bridges on the wing is much easier to deal with than Bridges in the high post. Jackson is an amazing shot blocker and defender, hopefully Izzo limits him to 20-25 minutes.

So we drive right at them and get them into foul trouble?

It's not like we're going up against North Carolina the next day after a hard fought win. That extra day for recovery is important and it will be another day for Frank to get over the antibiotics, hopefully...
I agree. Although I would have liked a 7 pm start time, a full days rest for a 19 year old is like a week's rest for John Bobbitt and his equipment. We should be fine.

Izzo was scouting the teams in person. He got to see Dolezaj light it up in person and is gonna give him more attention then he probably deserves.

That would be a rookie coaching move, and Izzo ain't no rookie.

This. I felt the same thing last night. This is where playing exclusively a zone defense helps them though, right? They expend less energy playing in a zone as opposed to chasing players around in a man to man defense, so I feel that definitely helps. So many shots were hitting the front end of the rim last night that it was obvious that these guys had lost their legs. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, making it to the 2nd round of the tournament with 7 scholarship players, some of whom are sick and banged up, is a successful tournament this year.

I fear Michigan St. will do to MD what they did to Mopa Ginja

Can't stand it. I was not too happy when they released the game time. Bullsh##.

Yeah, but CBS controls and has 1st dibs on what games it wants for Sunday ratings. And, with CBS not about to air games in that Sunday evening time slot taking off 60 minutes, and other high rated programming, etc. The other networks, TNT, TBS & Tru don't have those type of ratings shows at all, let alone on a Sunday night. If our game didn't have CBS' tier (1B) group with lovely Allie LaForce, we'd have most certainly been on the later time slots.

that W definitely belongs to marek but he doesn't usually string together good games. he be streaky.

As long it isn’t the last 5 min of first half*. Team falls apart.