Mich St went 19-14??? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mich St went 19-14???

Blah record aside, their resume was pretty unimpressive too. Hope they get crushed in the first round
Agree. They had 3 solid wins all year (NW, Illini, and Baylor). None of them on the road (Baylor - neutral site). All other conf wins were against overrated BIG 10 teams.

In the last 9 seasons they have lost in the first or second round 5 times. Much like JB at the end Izzo is living off his reputation. They are quite mediocre recently. 4 straight years of 13 losses.

9 is kind of a strange cut-off. They’ve made it to the second weekend 50% of the time in the last 10 tournaments. Given that there are 350 teams and 68 make the tournament I’d say getting to the sweet 16 half of the time is pretty good. There may not be 10 programs who’ve had a better last decade than Michigan State.

9 is kind of a strange cut-off. They’ve made it to the second weekend 50% of the time in the last 10 tournaments. Given that there are 350 teams and 68 make the tournament I’d say getting to the sweet 16 half of the time is pretty good. There may not be 10 programs who’ve had a better last decade than Michigan State.
One year there was no tournament and this year nothing has happened yet so they have made it past the first weekend 2 times.

Agree. They had 3 solid wins all year (NW, Illini, and Baylor). None of them on the road (Baylor - neutral site). All other conf wins were against overrated BIG 10 teams.
And I believe that “neutral” site was Detroit!

10-10 in conference? And got a 9 seed?????

This drives me nuts. I dont give 2 effs what their analytics say or their NET or any other bs metric. YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE

19-14??? Gimme a break.

I assume they played a tough schedule. But what other sport do you get rewarded for losing to good teams? Its so stupid. Imagine it the nfl did this? The seahawks went 9-8 last year, but they played a tougher schedule than a team that went 10-7, so the seahawks make the playoffs lol.

There should be certain requirements to get an at large. 20+ wins, above .500 in conference. Play in the toughest conference for that given year? Oh well, them’s the breaks.
If they played those teams tough in a lot of those losses it may be the difference. Quitting like we did and losing by 30 is a lot different than taking a good teams to the wire.

One year there was no tournament and this year nothing has happened yet so they have made it past the first weekend 2 times.

No team made it past the first weekend yet this year or in 2020.

10-10 in conference? And got a 9 seed?????

This drives me nuts. I dont give 2 effs what their analytics say or their NET or any other bs metric. YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE

19-14??? Gimme a break.

I assume they played a tough schedule. But what other sport do you get rewarded for losing to good teams? Its so stupid. Imagine it the nfl did this? The seahawks went 9-8 last year, but they played a tougher schedule than a team that went 10-7, so the seahawks make the playoffs lol.

There should be certain requirements to get an at large. 20+ wins, above .500 in conference. Play in the toughest conference for that given year? Oh well, them’s the breaks.
In college sports you aren't always what your record says you are (That's also the dumbest cliche in sports. I don't care that Bill Parcells said it). Look at the small conference teams with great records. Schedules are so wildly varying. We weren't crying when Big East schools were getting in with .500 records back in the day. The ACC needs to show up out of conference to earn back respect, then we can squeek in with that kind of record during a bad year too.

Ive always felt finishing above .500 in conference should be a requirement for an at large.

Im not saying michigan st cant make a deep run, but you should earn your bid by winning enough games, not playing a tough schedule.
So play a soft schedule and win tons of games?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom