Michigan State | Syracusefan.com

Michigan State

AlpharettaCuse

Adhere to the protocols
With 3 straight losses to Purdue, Indiana and Illinois. MSU is a good defensive team, and guards the 3 point line very well, like Syracuse, at 31.7% for the season. The last 3 games they have allowed 43% from the 3 point line (31-72). Purdue was 12-28, Indiana was 10-20 and Illinois was 9-24. MSU plays tough man to man. Does anyone know if they switch to zone at all when their man defense isn’t working? Or do they stick with man? I honestly don’t know. I saw Louisville shoot 13-27 from 3 on Monday, and I know VT has a Top 10 defense. I’m pretty sure VT plays man to man. They did not have an answer for Louisville’s shooting. Our zone gets lit up on occasion but so do a lot of these good man to man defenses.

The Langford injury has really hurt them. That's a key loss that really hurts when the guys filling in for him have off nights. Margin for error always diminishes a lot when you lose important players.

The Langford injury has really hurt them. That's a key loss that really hurts when the guys filling in for him have off nights. Margin for error always diminishes a lot when you lose important players.

MSU won their first 7 games without Langford and have a senior in Matt McQuid filling in.

MSU won their first 7 games without Langford and have a senior in Matt McQuid filling in.
I know they did. But my point stands. It's a big loss. Will be interesting to see how they do to close the season.

I know they did. But my point stands. It's a big loss. Will be interesting to see how they do to close the season.

MSU was playing great defense without him, holding 4 teams to under 60 points. They shut down Iowa, Maryland, Purdue and Northwestern without him. Not sure he’s that big a loss on defense. Offensively it’s a big loss for sure.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom