Mickey Doo Doo Game review w DC2 Mention | Syracusefan.com

Mickey Doo Doo Game review w DC2 Mention

Best outlet passer I have seen in a while

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk
He is sounding more & more like a Wes Unseld clone to me.

For those here that are too young to remember Wes, he played for the Bullets and had a great rivalry with the Willis Reed Knick teams. Wes was a ferocious rebounder, maybe the best ever for his size (he was a 6'7'' center), and he also had about the best outlet pass I ever saw from a big man. He wasn't great on O, but he did have a few inside moves and enough of an inside game to keep em honest.

This is why I see him at 5 and Noel at 4 a perfect such a great combo. If Noel wants to run BT and MCW at top of zone and DC2 making outlet passes will make it happen.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

For those here that are too young to remember Wes, he played for the Bullets and had a great rivalry with the Willis Reed Knick teams. Wes was a ferocious rebounder, maybe the best ever for his size (he was a 6'7'' center), and he also had about the best outlet pass I ever saw from a big man. He wasn't great on O, but he did have a few inside moves and enough of an inside game to keep em honest.
I know all about Wes but obviously never saw him play, since I was born in '80. Was Wes really a better outlet passer than Kevin Love is?

I know all about Wes but obviously never saw him play, since I was born in '80. Was Wes really a better outlet passer than Kevin Love is?
I would say yes. He was stronger, and often, he would outlet the ball even before his feet hit the ground after corralling the rebound. He held his own on the boards against Elvin Hayes, Wilt, Kareem, Willis Reed and end-of-the-career Russell and Thurmond. They hardly make rebounders like those any more. He was an above-average 15-foot shooter, but his total offensive game was nowhere near Love's.

We should be half as lucky to get a rebounder like Wes Unseld...or Paul Silas for that matter.
Talk about an undersized center who more than held his own against NBA legends.