Mike and Mike - Sponsored by the NY Jets | Syracusefan.com

Mike and Mike - Sponsored by the NY Jets

AirForceOrange

Hall of Fame
Is there ever a day when Greenie does not bring up the NY Jets?!?! I mean there are 31 other teams in the NFL!! A Super Bowl coming up in approx 10 days. Plus 3 other major sports. However, we constantly have to hear about the fargin NY Jets?!?!?!

Sorry for the rant, but needed to let this out!!

Is there ever a day when Greenie does not bring up the NY Jets?!?! I mean there are 31 other teams in the NFL!! A Super Bowl coming up in approx 10 days. Plus 3 other major sports. However, we constantly have to hear about the fargin NY Jets?!?!?!

Sorry for the rant, but needed to let this out!!

That show is literally un listenable (is that even a word)?

The guy is a jets fan. If he was a broncos fan, that's who you would hear about. For a guy who is a legit diehard fan of a team, it's impossible to not talk about them. Think about you doing a sports radio show, despite the fact no one is really talking college hoops, you don't think that you wouldn't want to express your excitement about the ridiculous comeback by SU against Cincinnati? What about expressing your discontent about the Marrone situation on the air?

Don't even pretend you wouldn't be talking about it at least briefly. The guy is a fan, let it go. You want nothing but NFL coverage (and spread around) start watching NFL AM on NFLN

The guy is a jets fan. If he was a broncos fan, that's who you would hear about. For a guy who is a legit diehard fan of a team, it's impossible to not talk about them. Think about you doing a sports radio show, despite the fact no one is really talking college hoops, you don't think that you wouldn't want to express your excitement about the ridiculous comeback by SU against Cincinnati? What about expressing your discontent about the Marrone situation on the air?

Don't even pretend you wouldn't be talking about it at least briefly. The guy is a fan, let it go. You want nothing but NFL coverage (and spread around) start watching NFL AM on NFLN

I would agree with you if he was on a regional show (NYC), however he is on a national show...big difference. I understand he is a Jets fan, however I have not yet heard them talk about the upcoming Super Bowl yet today...yet constant talk about Revis and the Jets. There are plenty of other topics going on in sports that would appeal to the nation as a whole, not just Jets fans...

I would agree with you if he was on a regional show (NYC), however he is on a national show...big difference. I understand he is a Jets fan, however I have not yet heard them talk about the upcoming Super Bowl yet today...yet constant talk about Revis and the Jets. There are plenty of other topics going on in sports that would appeal to the nation as a whole, not just Jets fans...
Well the other thing, like it or not, is the Jets are national news. They are incredibly controversial and anything they did wrong was on every major media outlet, and that was before Tebow showed up. Now, the NYDN is sending reporter/photographers to follow around the HC like the paparazzi. On top of that Revis is one of th top 5 players in the game. Even after that, are you really upset about lacking Super Bowl coverage? Don't worry, it will be 24/7 coverage all of next week. The rest of the sports world doesn't exist during SB week

Well the other thing, like it or not, is the Jets are national news. They are incredibly controversial and anything they did wrong was on every major media outlet, and that was before Tebow showed up. Now, the NYDN is sending reporter/photographers to follow around the HC like the paparazzi. On top of that Revis is one of th top 5 players in the game. Even after that, are you really upset about lacking Super Bowl coverage? Don't worry, it will be 24/7 coverage all of next week. The rest of the sports world doesn't exist during SB week

I understand that as well...do you listen to the show? I do. I guess I am a glutton for punishment or like to torture myself...not sure. Anyways, there is not a week that somehow Greenie brings up the Jets, sometimes every day of the week, even when they are not in the news. Just gets really old, he is supposed to be the talk show expert vs. Golic, however I think Golic does a better job of spreading the talk wround to other subjects rather than just keep bringing up the Jets. Cowherd may be a loon, but at least he knows what his listeners want to hear, Greenies just doesn't seem to care and uses a national show to constantly push and talk about the Jets.

I understand that as well...do you listen to the show? I do. I guess I am a glutton for punishment or like to torture myself...not sure. Anyways, there is not a week that somehow Greenie brings up the Jets, sometimes every day of the week, even when they are not in the news. Just gets really old, he is supposed to be the talk show expert vs. Golic, however I think Golic does a better job of spreading the talk wround to other subjects rather than just keep bringing up the Jets. Cowherd may be a loon, but at least he knows what his listeners want to hear, Greenies just doesn't seem to care and uses a national show to constantly push and talk about the Jets.

The part about him always brining up the Jets goes back to my first point. If you loved your team and got to express your feelings (whatever they may be) you would. It goes back to my analogy about bragging about SU's comeback against Cincy.

And yes I watch the show (more during the meat of the NFL season than now) but I'm also a jets fan. I actually hate the extra jets coverage Greeny brings because its mostly doom and gloom, but I understand it. It's also a big reason why I watch other shows later in the season, because it generally drives me nuts

The part about him always brining up the Jets goes back to my first point. If you loved your team and got to express your feelings (whatever they may be) you would. It goes back to my analogy about bragging about SU's comeback against Cincy.

And yes I watch the show (more during the meat of the NFL season than now) but I'm also a jets fan. I actually hate the extra jets coverage Greeny brings because its mostly doom and gloom, but I understand it. It's also a big reason why I watch other shows later in the season, because it generally drives me nuts

As I have already stated, I understand why he brings up the Jets all the time. However, apparently you are not understanding my point that if it was regional/NYC show I could understand all the Jets talk, however it is a national show...so what I am implying is that Greenie has lost touch with his listeners and uses the show to talk about what inerests him and not not necessarily what interests ALL his NATIONAL listeners, not just REGIONAL/JETS listeners...

As I have already stated, I understand why he brings up the Jets all the time. However, apparently you are not understanding my point that if it was regional/NYC show I could understand all the Jets talk, however it is a national show...so what I am implying is that Greenie has lost touch with his listeners and uses the show to talk about what inerests him and not not necessarily what interests ALL his NATIONAL listeners, not just REGIONAL/JETS listeners...

Well Espn in general is out of touch with what everyone wants. Also it must not be affecting ratings that much. Heck even if it is, Greeny obviously is t bothered by it.

I don't listen to Mike and Mike. Not enough ICJ Cookies coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ESPN radio has been pushed out of my town for CBS, so I no longer have this problem.

BTW, I think Tiki Brandon and Dana are better. They're willing to devote less than 95 percent of their show to football.

I could easily avoid talking about the Chargers every day for a month or two or three - I do it in my life all the time. I'm sure he could too if he wasn't a moron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom