Mike Brown is really riding Waiters' ass | Syracusefan.com

Mike Brown is really riding Waiters' ass

moqui

generational talent
and Waiters, so far, seems to be responding:

Dion Waiters appreciates tough love.
The Cavaliers shooting guard admits he loves the way Mike Brown is coaching him.
“He takes me out, talks to me and then puts me back in,” Waiters said after the Cavs’ 92-74 loss to the Bobcats on Tuesday before a sold-out crowd of 4,047 at the Canton Memorial Civic Center.
Brown yanked Waiters out of the game at least three times to correct mistakes.
“He can be a high-level defender,” Brown said.
However, he wasn’t doing things at a high level in the first half when Bobcats shooting guard Gerald Henderson was scoring on him at will.
Brown called time out and brought the second-year shooting guard to the sideline.
“You’re better than this,” he told Waiters.
“To his credit, he tried harder. He has a lot of room to grow.”
Brown said the 6-foot-4, 221-pound Waiters knows how good he can be, but he might not realize how hard he’ll have to work to get there.

Seems a little like JB handled Dion.
I honestly believe that Dion would not have been where he is today without JB making him face a little reality about himself and his game. Credit to Dion for listening and making himself a better player and one who would listen.

6-4 and 221!?!? He could've been a senior WR on the football team this year!

Dion needs this .. he had JB and scoop on him at SU. Along with his mom. He now is on his own and needs someone like Brown to help him close the gaps. Dion has incredible talent and has the intangibles that could make him an all star level player.

Credit to Dion for listening and making himself a better player and one who would listen.

Absolutely. How often have we heard about the kid with the bad attitude not get any better? Dion heeded the advice and turned himself into a lottery pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom