Mike Gbinije Interview | Syracusefan.com

Mike Gbinije Interview

Quality kid. Interesting comments about Coach K. How can anyone seriously hate that guy. I think Mike G. is going to be a huge favorite. When he said he thinks he will be a 2g I immediately thought of Cooney. I guess competition is good.

Quality kid. Interesting comments about Coach K. How can anyone seriously hate that guy. I think Mike G. is going to be a huge favorite. When he said he thinks he will be a 2g I immediately thought of Cooney. I guess competition is good.
2g will be stacked for a while as I see both these guys sticking around. Once BT leaves we will have Cooney/Gbinije for 3 years (I think). Now we just need to secure a pg and our backcourt is looking nasty.

Also I think Gbinije will be able to play with Cooney as the 3.

6'6'' 2-guard. Can you imagine him up top with MCW in 13-14? That's some serious length. Love it.

6'6'' 2-guard. Can you imagine him up top with MCW in 13-14? That's some serious length. Love it.
I agree, but I'm not sure it's 100% that MCW will be back if he has the type of year I'm expecting.

I agree, but I'm not sure it's 100% that MCW will be back if he has the type of year I'm expecting.

Haha, that's funny. I hesitated when I originally posted that, thinking I should have added the caveat 'if he's still around'. I've also got some pretty high hopes for MCW.

" In my college career, I just want to win a national title." Go get it Mike!

Thanks for the interview! Not sure if this has been discussed or not, but should this kid help us academically as well? It's my impression that Duke players can usually survive in the classroom.

It seems like too easy a comparison, but could he be any MORE like Wesley? Athletic, can shoot, working on ball handling, great kid, left school for right reasons on good note... hope he has the same impact & results.

I think he'll play 2 years for us. He will have some adjustments to make next year, and he still is kind of on the skinny side. He'll have to fill out a bit more before he's ready to go in the draft.

MM: What were the reasons behind your decision to transfer out of Duke?

MG: It just wasn't a good fit.

I'm curious as to why it wasn't a good fit?

I needed a fresh start. Was there a problem between Michael and players, coaches?

MM: Tell us about your game. What can we expect to see from you on the court?

MG: I'm real athletic. I like to get out in transition and run. I shoot the ball well, and play good defense.

To me that describes a Duke player to a tee, just trying to grasp what it was that pushed him to this decision.

Good job Mike

I needed a fresh start. Was there a problem between Michael and players, coaches?

MG: I'm real athletic. I like to get out in transition and run. I shoot the ball well, and play good defense.

To me that describes a Duke player to a tee, just trying to grasp what it was that pushed him to this decision.

Good job Mike
I tried to get more out of him about that, but he clearly didn't want to discuss it in any more detail, so I didn't push it.

Good job Mike

Competition, Eyes. Duke had a bunch of very good guards ahead of him, and he didn't get the chances that guys like Rivers and Curry got.

Competition, Eyes. Duke had a bunch of very good guards ahead of him, and he didn't get the chances that guys like Rivers and Curry got.
Is that someone you know in your avatar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom