Mike Leach | Syracusefan.com

Mike Leach

CIL

All Conference
Forget the recent accusations of abuse by his star receiver who subsequently quit the team. His press conferences are pure gold, and blur the line between lunacy and hilarious -- especially when he marched his line out there a few weeks ago and made them get peppered by the press after a bad game.

Personally, I can't stop watching it like people rubberneck while passing a car wreck. That being said, I would probably never allow my kid to play for the guy, and am pretty glad he isn't a representative of Syracuse University. But man am I glad he's back for sheer entertainment.

Screen-Shot-2012-10-10-at-4.49.06-PM.png

Forget the recent accusations of abuse by his star receiver who subsequently quit the team. His press conferences are pure gold, and blur the line between lunacy and hilarious -- especially when he marched his line out there a few weeks ago and made them get peppered by the press after a bad game.

Personally, I can't stop watching it like people rubberneck while passing a car wreck. That being said, I would probably never allow my kid to play for the guy, and am pretty glad he isn't a representative of Syracuse University. But man am I glad he's back for sheer entertainment.

In 2008, at the December College Football Dinner at the Waldorf in NYC, he got too drunk well before dinner and did not attend. Had handlers to keep him out of appearing in any tabloids or run into journalists.

So the best activity was not with Gross with Skip Holtz or Al Goden...it was Leach being wasted at the bar.

Classy.

PAC12 is going to investigate.

PAC12 is going to investigate.

He's toast.

And WVU fired Stewart for four loss season, what' going to happen with Holgerson losing 5 or 6 games and having one of the worst defenses in D-1. 'Neers fans are not used to being a laughingstock.

He's toast.

And WVU fired Stewart for four loss season, what' going to happen with Holgerson losing 5 or 6 games and having one of the worst defenses in D-1. 'Neers fans are not used to being a laughingstock.

Sure they are.

Wait, you're talking about football aren't you.

Surprised Tuberville hasn't been a bigger story here. The worst part wasn't exactly what he did, it was his lame attempt at explaining it after the game. Wonder what they'll do.

I once heard Lubbock is a dry town. Maybe that's what drives all of their coaches to insanity at some point. Prohibition didn't work, alcohol = good.

I love guys who are willing to shake things up and do things differently, so I have always had a soft spot for Leach. Having said that, there's a fine line between eccentric and erratic, and it looks like he might be crossing it. He better watch his step - if he loses his job at Wazzu under similar circumstances to the way it ended at Texas Tech, he truly will be finished.

We'll see. Leach is an easy target.

Agree. But part of me thinks he really doesn't care. If he loses this job, he'll move back to Key West, get the radio job back, live that life again and not think twice about it.

it was a beaut toward the end when in mid press conference he pulls out his cell phone and checks it out, and how he goes all happy go lucky in his anwers. Classic.

Agree. But part of me thinks he really doesn't care. If he loses this job, he'll move back to Key West, get the radio job back, live that life again and not think twice about it.

If you don't care that much, why chase the job, complain about not even get interviewed, and then f'it up all over again. Why even bother?

Even pirates had a goal, to default to this crap 10 games in is just self-destructive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom