Mike's Mailbox: How many states has Jim Boeheim coached in? | Syracusefan.com

Mike's Mailbox: How many states has Jim Boeheim coached in?

That's easy: I count 4 different states.
Anxiety - When he bends sideways after an important shot is launched
Disbelief - Coat throwing on bad calls
Grumpiness - Make a mistake and you're out
HOF Perfection - What can I say, he took us to the Promised Land

Probably easier to say which states he hasn't coached in: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, both Dakotas, Wyoming, probably Nebraska, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, and maybe Mississippi? And I know SU's played in Kansas City in my lifetime, but maybe Boeheim's never crossed the river into the state of Kansas?

This would be a good Sporcle quiz.

Probably easier to say which states he hasn't coached in: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, both Dakotas, Wyoming, probably Nebraska, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, and maybe Mississippi? And I know SU's played in Kansas City in my lifetime, but maybe Boeheim's never crossed the river into the state of Kansas?

This would be a good Sporcle quiz.

I'll bet you guessed without reading the article:

It's easier to put together a list where he hasn't coached a game. Those 15 states are Delaware, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington and Wyoming.

You got 13/15.

I'll bet you guessed without reading the article:

It's easier to put together a list where he hasn't coached a game. Those 15 states are Delaware, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington and Wyoming.

You got 13/15.

I was thinking that Iowa was where Boeheim fell off the raised court in the '70s. But that was before my time and I guess I was wrong.

Oklahoma, good call. Played Tulsa and Oklahoma State in New York and Oklahoma in Memphis or Miami or someplace, but never played a game in the state.

Are we sure these answers have considered NCAA Tourney games? Seems unlikely he has never taken a team to Portland, Seattle, Boise, Nashua, Tulsa, OKC, etc.

Are we sure these answers have considered NCAA Tourney games? Seems unlikely he has never taken a team to Portland, Seattle, Boise, Nashua, Tulsa, OKC, etc.

Nashua? For serious?

I was thinking that Iowa was where Boeheim fell off the raised court in the '70s. But that was before my time and I guess I was wrong.

Oklahoma, good call. Played Tulsa and Oklahoma State in New York and Oklahoma in Memphis or Miami or someplace, but never played a game in the state.

Could it have been Minnesota? It has a raised court.

That's easy: I count 4 different states.
Anxiety - When he bends sideways after an important shot is launched
Disbelief - Coat throwing on bad calls
Grumpiness - Make a mistake and you're out
HOF Perfection - What can I say, he took us to the Promised Land
Irate
Distracted
Uphoric

Probably easier to say which states he hasn't coached in

probably Nebraska

13D00CFE-B372-431E-AD0E-A5095D5DAB3E.png