Mike's Mailbox: Will ESPN's GameDay come to Syracuse-Duke game at Carrier Dome? | Syracusefan.com

Mike's Mailbox: Will ESPN's GameDay come to Syracuse-Duke game at Carrier Dome?

I was planning on going to the Duke game (from CA) but now not sure I can make it. I booked a 2br suite at the new Syracuse Downtown Marriott for 2 nights starting that Friday. I booked it the day the schedule came out. Not looking to make any money on it but if anyone is interested in me transferring it over to them let me know. The cost is $958 for the 2 nights, pricey for Syracuse but it is a nice 2br suite in a nice hotel so you are essentially paying $240 per night per room.

Glad to get clarification on this. I thought it was a mistake:

Q: I don't understand how the referees awarded Paschal Chukwu two shots on the potential basket interference play. Syracuse was not in the bonus, so it either should have been a foul before his shot and no foul shots, or a foul on the shot which would have counted and been an And-1. Did you get any explanation on this?

Mike: Syracuse trailed Duke 70-62 with about 12:40 left in the second half of last Monday's game when Frank Howard threw a lob pass to Paschal Chukwu. Chukwu went up, caught the ball and dunked it. Two officials blew their whistles.

One had an offensive goal-tending call on Chukwu, while the other had a foul on Duke's Javin DeLaurier.

Chukwu's basket was disallowed, but the SU center was given two free throws. He missed the first and made the second.

I called the ACC to get a clarification on the play. It turns out there was an error.

The basket shouldn't have counted. That part was right. But instead of Chukwu being awarded two free throws, Syracuse should have been awarded the ball out of bounds because the offensive goaltending essentially meant he wasn't a legal shooter. Still, he was fouled on the way.

If Syracuse had been in the bonus, Chukwu would have gone to the line for a one-and-one.

Paschal made one of two free throws and the game wound up in overtime. I hope Duke doesn't sue like the saints did.

We probably made a bit more than 1 pt per possession that game. An extra possession would have been equivalent to Chewy's foul shot.

We probably made a bit more than 1 pt per possession that game. An extra possession would have been equivalent to Chewy's foul shot.

Maybe we would have scored a field goal and won it in regulation. :)

Or maybe not. :(