Milwaukee 68 Wisconsin 67 | Syracusefan.com

Milwaukee 68 Wisconsin 67

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
This could be turning into a home loss against a non tourney team...

Wisconsin is so inconsistent this year -- they looked really good against us and VCU, and have bad losses at home to Western Illinois and Milwaukee.

It happens. Still a P5 team though, so not a resume killer or anything like that.

True. They can and probably will win a couple games against upper B10 teams this year.

I bet Milwaukee hit their free throws (unlike some other team I won't mention).
yep, shot 82% as a team and didn't miss one in the final 10 min or so

jncuse said:
This could be turning into a home loss against a non tourney team...

Wisconsin is so inconsistent this year -- they looked really good against us and VCU, and have bad losses at home to Western Illinois and Milwaukee.

They didnt look really good against us, thats why it was such a bad loss. We gave the game away, they didnt win it.

It happens. Still a P5 team though, so not a resume killer or anything like that.

We're a P5 team in football and if somebody loses to us it's a bad loss. There are plenty of very very bad P5 basketball schools and would be bad losses if we lost to them.

Just because Wisconsin was good last season, it doesn't mean they're good now. This argument is almost as good as the Louisiana Tech win last year was considered a "good" win.

It was a bad loss. I still can't believe we missed NINE free throws, in a game that went to overtime.

11-20, good for a lousy 55%. If we hit one more, and nail 60%, we win in regulation despite playing so poorly. Huge missed opportunity to pad our OOC resume... even though Wisconsin wasn't that good.

We're a P5 team in football and if somebody loses to us it's a bad loss. There are plenty of very very bad P5 basketball schools and would be bad losses if we lost to them.

Just because Wisconsin was good last season, it doesn't mean they're good now. This argument is almost as good as the Louisiana Tech win last year was considered a "good" win.

Comparing football to basketball is apples and oranges. Wisconsin will be in the lower-middle of the pack in the B1G. Good teams still lose once in a while to mediocre teams in conference play, even at home. The loss isn't good, but it's not like we lost to the Mississippi Valley State at home. I've never seen the committee hammer a team for a loss to a P5 school early in the season. The only time it could be an issue is if we're seriously on the bubble and fighting with trash teams to get into the NCAAT. And at that point, does it even matter?

Just because Wisconsin was good last season, it doesn't mean they're good now.
eh, per KenPom and Rpi they're a good team, and will remain that way throughout the year. Inconsistent as he11 and not pretty to watch, but I maintain they'll finish top half of b1g and a tourney team

eh, per KenPom and Rpi they're a good team, and will remain that way throughout the year. Inconsistent as he11 and not pretty to watch, but I maintain they'll finish top half of b1g and a tourney team

Yep, I wish we can pin this post and see who's on the right end at the end of the year.

Yep, I wish we can pin this post and see who's on the right end at the end of the year.

1. How does a KP rating of 37 show that they are a solid tourney level team?

That # range projects to a team that will be struggling to stay off the bubble or struggling to be on the right side of the bubble.

2. If they get on the bubble 2 sub 100 losses at home that will work against them just as much as big wins

3. The Big 10 is tracking to have 4 teams right now in the RPI top 50 at year end based on rpiforecast.com projections. It has not been a stellar out of conference for them. There will not be that many top 50 win opportunities for Wisconsin.

That being said they do get to play Purdue, Michigan St, and Maryland at home which is a giant positive for them.

Last edited:
I will say tourney team and 1 win.

1. How does a KP rating of 37 show that they are a solid tourney level team?

That # range projects to a team that will be struggling to stay off the bubble or struggling to be on the right side of the bubble.

2. If they get on the bubble 2 sub 100 losses at home that will work against them just as much as big wins

3. The Big 10 is tracking to have 4 teams right now in the RPI top 50 at year end based on rpiforecast.com projections. It has not been a stellar out of conference for them. There will not be that many top 50 win opportunities for Wisconsin.

That being said they do get to play Purdue, Michigan St, and Maryland at home which is a giant positive for them.

The top 44 teams in Kenpom all got in the tournament last year, and 48 of the top 50.

I agree the BiG stinks outside of the top, but they will get teams in just on reputation. Happens every year in that conference.

Needless to say, I'm reevaluating my stance that our loss to Wiscy wasn't a bad loss.
They're pretty terrible

Wiscy loss looking worse and worse after their home loss to Marquette.

The top 44 teams in Kenpom all got in the tournament last year, and 48 of the top 50.

I agree the BiG stinks outside of the top, but they will get teams in just on reputation. Happens every year in that conference.

I agree that if Wisconsin stays at #37 in KP, they will have likely done enough to get in the tourney. (of course there is no direct relationship between KP and the key metrics for selection, but if you do good on one you tend to have done enough good things during the year) But the slightest of drops puts you on that bubble line. That is why #37 right now does not create comfort that you are going to end up a tourney team.

They have also 2 losses at home that are going to hurt their resume much more then they hurt the KP rating -- losses at home vs Western Illinois and Milwaukee, put them in position to possibly be the top KP ream not getting in.

As for the B10 always getting teams in. That is not a reputation thing -- the numbers and metrics indicate that those BIG teams should get in (of course it could be argued that it is biased system that favours the P5 in terms of metrics). The B10 has not done this poorly OOC in years. It will hurt the top 50 opportunities in conference lot. Teams in the middle of the pack that were once #25-50, will be #50-#70. There will be other P5 conferences that steal a few seeds from the BIG this year,

pearl31 said:
Needless to say, I'm reevaluating my stance that our loss to Wiscy wasn't a bad loss.
They're pretty terrible

It was a bad loss

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom