Minutes | Syracusefan.com

Minutes

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Last night we had nine players with over double digit minutes which is probably not much different than previous games. Certainly advantageous to have this kind of depth which we have not had for quite a while. The low man was Coleman with 12 and the high man was Lydon with 25.

I thought Coleman had one of his more active games. Is it just me or did it appear he had better "hops" than normal or was it just because the other team was that much smaller?

Chukwu ended up playing 25 minutes. Is JB giving him more minutes so he can get used to our system, but may stick with Coleman a little more going forward?

Last night we had nine players with over double digit minutes which is probably not much different than previous games. Certainly advantageous to have this kind of depth which we have not had for quite a while. The low man was Coleman with 12 and the high man was Lydon with 25.

I thought Coleman had one of his more active games. Is it just me or did it appear he had better "hops" than normal or was it just because the other team was that much smaller?

Chukwu ended up playing 25 minutes. Is JB giving him more minutes so he can get used to our system, but may stick with Coleman a little more going forward?

Coleman is certainly getting off the floor a little better this season. He's very active and per-minute is our best rebounder. He's scoring it better as well but his defense is the worst of the 3 guys we have played in the middle this year. He just doesn't have the mobility to cover the space he needs to fast enough and he's not a shot blocker. I can't say enough good things about him though after what he has been through with injuries/recovery/rehab and his attitude through it all.

My take on it is that yes, he is trying to get Chukwu "big game ready", but the center position is going to be a three headed monster with Coleman getting the start (sometimes token, depending on the match up), Chukwu and Lydon. I think JB would like to be able to use Chukwu the majority of the time, but it remains to be seen whether he can handle bulkier and skilled centers, the type we will see in the ACC. Sometimes Coleman can be the answer. Sometimes Lydon will have to play center, giving us our most potent offensive lineup. It will all come down to match ups.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner, Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom