Mirage or New Strategy? | Syracusefan.com

Mirage or New Strategy?

Orangemen

All Conference
James couldn't hit a 3 to save his life last night. He switched it up after that and played an inside the arc offensive game.

Will this be a new strategy? Is it a one off mirage?

James couldn't hit a 3 to save his life last night. He switched it up after that and played an inside the arc offensive game.

Will this be a new strategy? Is it a one off mirage?

I think he will always start out looking for his 3 pt shot. Other teams know it's coming, they are game planning for it, it is necessary to spread the floor and make room for his teammates to operate, and he can of course get hot. If they aren't falling, he also does well at the foul line against a zone, and out in transition, but he will never abandon the outside shooting because of 1 11% shooting night. Can't get any worse, right? If James were moved more inside, you would see a CYO worthy packed in zone, and the game might end in the 30's.

I hope it continues. We need to feast at the line. When you are not scoring from outside and you are not getting anything from your bigs you need to get points from the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 007
No. It won't continue, unfortunately. It took an entire house made of bricks before he moved inside, and even then, it was off his own misses. He got a lot of boards sure, but about 5 were off his own shots.

I'd love to see him play around the foul line and post up more, especially when he's the TALLEST player out there (except for our own center).