Misc thoughts re bowling (Woohoo!) and realignment (f***!) | Syracusefan.com

Misc thoughts re bowling (Woohoo!) and realignment (f***!)

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
1- Amazing effort by these kids. Battled back repeatedly. N(FL)assib's last drive was unbelievable. I could not be more proud of them.

2- The front 4 were the untold heroes of this game. They completely outplayed their counterparts on every level.

2b- One concern is how damn effective that WR screen was against us. Is that a hole that Missouri exposed against us? Why were we unable to adjust to that? Hope they can figure it out going forward.

3- Doug Marrone has turned me into Mitt Romney. I have never flip flopped so many times on one guy. Loved him a couple years ago. Was REALLY down on him a month ago. Now, regardless of what happenes from here on out, excited to have him steering us into the ACC.

4- First true road win at an SEC opponent in 22 years? That's just awesome.

5- As a Newhouse grad, was fun to finally play the OTHER journalism school since we have played NW a number of times.

6- I dont care WHAT bowl we go to, just so happy this team is going bowling, leaving on a positive note. Pinstripe seems a no brainer though, especially with Rutgers (I still cant believe this) going to the BCS.

Now...onto the other story of the day...

7- I personally am disappointed in Maryland. For YEARS I have maintained that Maryland and Syracuse had a lot in common, and could emerge as a great potential rivalry. Both hoops first schools who have had moments of football competitiveness...both great lax programs. I was looking forward to playing them yearly. They also served as a good georgraphic and cultural bridge to the rest of the Conference that I am disappointed we are losing.

8- While I understand it will pose challenges for recruiting in the NY/NJ area, I really dont give a that Rutgers is going Big 10. We got our lifeboat, now they get theirs. Are we worse off than we were a few days ago? Yes. Are we better off than we were 2 years ago? A thousand times yes.

9- The East Coast is still going to be ACC territory. Yes, the Big 10 is invading two large markets in the middle of it. But it happens to be 2 markets that dont give a about college football. And NYC is and will always be a country divided. Syracuse, an in state school, will continue to have a very similar presence to Rutgers as far as fanbase, particularly given the fact that college basketball is significantly more popular than football in NYC's urban centers.

10- Is $50 million enough to buy ND in for football now? I would give them that entire check if they would take it.

11- Bring on UConn. Sting of Maryland aside, probably a net gain for the conference if we are just talking apples to apples. Better hoops program (now), and better football. I cannot even begin to quantify how good this hoops conference would be.

12- I fully expect FSU to bolt sooner than later. THAT would be a hit. The ACC needs to figure out an answer to this before it happens. If there is one. However, beyond that, I dont see any other ACC members leaving. The remainder of the conference should stick together, and for that reason, I am still very happy where we are, particularly in relation to where we WERE.

Good thoughts.

On the ACC, its fate continues to be totally in its own hands. If schools would finally play to their potential the football side will be strong. FSU, Clemson, Miami, VaTech, GaTech are all programs that have played for national titles in my lifetime. Syracuse, BC, Pitt, UNC, UVa, NC State are all schools who have had good runs of success in the recent past and have played in major bowls.

This conference just needs to start winning again. Markets, TV networks and all that don't mean a thing if you don't win.

I hear and read these F$U rumors. Where are they going to go? As a Florida alum, it is well known that there is no way that UF will allow them to join the SEC. I guess they could go to the Big Fourteen or Big Twelve but those moves would be lateral moves at best.

I am fully enjoying this win. And SU's bowl bound status. I will give zero thought to realignment issues now.

I hear and read these F$U rumors. Where are they going to go? As a Florida alum, it is well known that there is no way that UF will allow them to join the SEC. I guess they could go to the Big Fourteen or Big Twelve but those moves would be lateral moves at best.

And not just Florida. Can't see why Bama, UGA & SC would want them in either. All downside for them. SEC makes mad $ and is going to make even more in the near future.

There's a reason why aTm and Mizzou got in. Markets, and not huge threats all things considered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom