MLB offseason talk | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

MLB offseason talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know where they can put it. Horribly goofy game all around. 6 hours to Cuse now

It was a fascinating series, with a fitting ending.

Dusty makes decisions I'll never understand. Must come with the territory for the Nats job.

Four consecutive batters go intentional walk, passed ball strikeout, catcher's interference, hit by pitch. First time in baseball history and probably the last.

At one point I thought I was watching my kid's little league team out there trying to get some outs.

Safe travels northbound.

It was a fascinating series, with a fitting ending.

Dusty makes decisions I'll never understand. Must come with the territory for the Nats job.

Four consecutive batters go intentional walk, passed ball strikeout, catcher's interference, hit by pitch. First time in baseball history and probably the last.

At one point I thought I was watching my kid's little league team out there trying to get some outs.

Safe travels northbound.

Not only has it never happened like that; but according to baseball reference that was the 6th game in MLB history where all of those 4 things happened at any point in the game. Let alone to 4 consecutive batters

dodgers playing like they were in july . . .creating opportunities & then cashing them in, solid starting pitching, lock down bullpen, manager in full command of his roster

The Astros need to pull their heads out, they are about to choke this series away.

The Astros need to pull their heads out, they are about to choke this series away.
meh . . . the oldtimers are right: a series hasn't begun until a home team loses

dodgers playing like they were in july . . .creating opportunities & then cashing them in, solid starting pitching, lock down bullpen, manager in full command of his roster

And without Seager! The bullpen really has been lights out.

36 years ago .. Blue Monday... when the Expos were still relevant. Even with 3 hall of famers on the roster (Raines, Carter, Dawson) and other all-star talent the team labelled "the team of the 80s" as baseball entered 1980, would never make the playoffs again.

See you in hell Rick Monday.

36 years ago .. Blue Monday... when the Expos were still relevant. Even with 3 hall of famers on the roster (Raines, Carter, Dawson) and other all-star talent the team labelled "the team of the 80s" as baseball entered 1980, would never make the playoffs again.

That's definitely an underrated really talented team. Those guys were all young too, in 81 Raines was 21, Carter 27, Dawson 26. Plus Tim Wallach at 23, he wasn't too good in 81, but he got good soon after.

Not totally sure what happened there.

And neither of those teams should have been in the NLCS to begin with.

Alex Cora to be next Red Sox manager.
Ron Gardenhire to be next Tigers manager.

Looks like Kevin Long top candidate for the Mets.

Alex Cora to be next Red Sox manager.
Ron Gardenhire to be next Tigers manager.

Looks like Kevin Long top candidate for the Mets.

Ugh no thanks, like Long but not as a manager, looks like the coupons are going the cheap route again, shocker.

Terrible move by the Nats. 95 win seasons don't grow on trees.
Dusty is kind of the Marty's Schottenheimer of baseball. Always gets to playoffs, then never wins it.

They must have someone in mind and guys are dropping fast.

Gardenhire to tigers, the redsux Spanish twitter account announces Alex Cora to be manager, before it was deleted as he's working on getting his team and arse eliminated by the Yankees tonight.

Terry Francona is telling anyone who will listen that's Mickey Calloway should manage.

If Girardi doesn't manage Yankees, I think he takes a year or so off.

I'd say this was a smart move for them, get their name out there and start interviewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom