MLB offseason talk | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

MLB offseason talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dusty is kind of the Marty's Schottenheimer of baseball. Always gets to playoffs, then never wins it.

They must have someone in mind and guys are dropping fast.

Gardenhire to tigers, the redsux Spanish twitter account announces Alex Cora to be manager, before it was deleted as he's working on getting his team and arse eliminated by the Yankees tonight.

Terry Francona is telling anyone who will listen that's Mickey Calloway should manage.

If Girardi doesn't manage Yankees, I think he takes a year or so off.

I'd say this was a smart move for them, get their name out there and start interviewing.

The guy won 95 and 97 games. And this season lost lots of players, pen stunk for half the season.

His #3 is Gio Gonzalez, who is great when you want to beat the Phillies on a Tuesday in June. Not for October. Not Dusty's fault they didn't land Chris Sale.

He's getting killed for pitching to "respect me" Rizzo, who hit a popup that had a 29% chance of falling, for overplaying Werth, who did get on base. I wanted him to bat Kendrick for Weiters but Heyward made a great play on a ball.

Not his fauly Scherzer blew up, or last season Strasburg got hurt.

And Bryce is going to his 4th manager before the age of 25. Before he goes to The Bronx and gets chewed up like a piece of gum.

The guy won 95 and 97 games. And this season lost lots of players, pen stunk for half the season.

His #3 is Gio Gonzalez, who is great when you want to beat the Phillies on a Tuesday in June. Not for October. Not Dusty's fault they didn't land Chris Sale.

He's getting killed for pitching to "respect me" Rizzo, who hit a popup that had a 29% chance of falling, for overplaying Werth, who did get on base. I wanted him to bat Kendrick for Weiters but Heyward made a great play on a ball.

Not his fauly Scherzer blew up, or last season Strasburg got hurt.

And Bryce is going to his 4th manager before the age of 25. Before he goes to The Bronx and gets chewed up like a piece of gum.
Is Bryce that fragile??

And...can he play left??

I'd say RF is manned and CF is for Frazier.

Hicks can stay for a bit as the #4 as I'd guess next year will be Gardners last in Pinstripes.

I expect DLsbury to be dealt this winter.

Is Bryce that fragile??

And...can he play left??

Hicks can stay for a bit as the #4 as I'd guess next year will be Gardners last in Pinstripes.

Injury prone, 129 game a year guy. NEVER gets any serious criticism.

His sports media consists of 3 to 4 people at The Washington Post, who are either fanboys or just straight up good journalists. And he pops up on talk radio a couple of times a week after 100 plus hours or Kirk Cousins debates. Can pretty much go anywhere and hang out and be left alone outside some pics. It's actually an ideal setup.

Injury prone, 129 game a year guy. NEVER gets any serious criticism.

His sports media consists of 3 to 4 people at The Washington Post, who are either fanboys or just straight up good journalists. And he pops up on talk radio a couple of times a week after 100 plus hours or Kirk Cousins debates. Can pretty much go anywhere and hang out and be left alone outside some pics. It's actually an ideal setup.
Gotcha.

BUT, he'd have to check his 'star' at the East River as he'd be behind Judge, Didi, Sanchez, Bird and possibly Frazier in the go to for a quote dept.

The other side of that is, maybe he won't want to, or can't...check it.

Gotcha.

BUT, he'd have to check his 'star' at the East River as he'd be behind Judge, Didi, Sanchez, Bird and possibly Frazier in the go to for a quote dept.

The word is he's the star but not the leader. Partly the guy has been been playing on a different team every year or 6 months til he got to DC.

Honestly is more of a west coast guy. DC is good because the pressure is basically zero, not like other northeast cities.

Gotcha.

I mean it doesn't look bad to roll with an outfield of Hicks, Frazier and Judge. At all.

I mean it doesn't look bad to roll with an outfield of Hicks, Frazier and Judge. At all.
Nope.

Hicks has not reached his potential yet.

And despite trading Fowler and Rutherford, there's still some top OF prospects coming.

Is Bryce that fragile??

And...can he play left??

Yeah we spent over an entire decade giving injury prone stars boatloads of Cash with one world series to show for it. (Giambi/Tex/Ellsbury/ARod/CC.. etc)

The Cash should be smart here and pass.

Nope.

Hicks has not reached his potential yet.

And despite trading Fowler and Rutherford, there's still some top OF prospects coming.
I hadn't expected anything of Fowler or Rutherford. I liked what Cashman did at the trade deadline so much because I felt he hung on to the players that were the most likely to make the team in the future and contribute.

Yeah we spent over an entire decade giving injury prone stars boatloads of Cash with one world series to show for it. (Giambi/Tex/Ellsbury/ARod/CC.. etc)

The Cash should be smart here and pass.

It's Bryce Harper, and it;'s the Yankees.

If the Yankees don't sign either Harper or machado next year, i'd be real surprised. And disappointed. (If I were a Yankee fan. I'm not, I'd love it.)

It's Bryce Harper, and it;'s the Yankees.

If the Yankees don't sign either Harper or machado next year, i'd be real surprised. And disappointed. (If I were a Yankee fan. I'm not, I'd love it.)

I’d rather have Machado. Trade Castro and move Torres somewhere else. We have a surplus of outfielders in the system and you can always find someone cheap in free agency compared to what Harper will want.

I’d rather have Machado. Trade Castro and move Torres somewhere else. We have a surplus of outfielders in the system and you can always find someone cheap in free agency compared to what Harper will want.

Well that's because Harper is great, there are lots of guys cheaper than him cause they aren't as good as him.

I could see Machado over Bryce. The Yankees shouldn't be in the business of not signing 25/26 year old HOF caliber players. Those guys NEVER hit the open market. (Again, I hate the Yankees. So they totally shouldn't sign those guys)

I hadn't expected anything of Fowler or Rutherford. I liked what Cashman did at the trade deadline so much because I felt he hung on to the players that were the most likely to make the team in the future and contribute.
Fowler was good (injury ? now) and Rutherford was a #1 who was starting to show it...

Overall, Cash has been A+

No complaints

And without Seager! The bullpen really has been lights out.
dodgers say seager will be ready to go on tuesday . . . i wouldn't be surprised if they leave him out of the lineup in la; save him for pinch hitting and dh duty when the games are in nyc

Fowler was good (injury ? now) and Rutherford was a #1 who was starting to show it...

Overall, Cash has been A+

No complaints

Cashman has done a good job as of late. No doubt. For a long time he was spending $200 mil+ a year with not much to show for it. When he finally decided to step back and build for the future instead of just buying the latest big name then you could see things begin to turn. If George had been alive all these years it's doubtful that Cashman would have survived the lean years.

I went back to the beginning of this thread and unless I missed one, nobody predicted Astros-Dodgers in the Series.

I went back to the beginning of this thread and unless I missed one, nobody predicted Astros-Dodgers in the Series.
Not only in March/April did I not know how good the astros were, but I didn't care either.

All jokes aside, although that was the truth...I really only worry about the AL East and in particular, a certain team up I95.

No WC next year (I think it took a toll that was cashed this weekend) and I'll see whomever the Central and West sends then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom