Moe Neal on Doak Walker Award Watch List | Syracusefan.com

Moe Neal on Doak Walker Award Watch List

Adams earned snaps this fall based on what he did to WVU. There will be plenty of snaps for all three. Don't be surprised if we have two 1,000 yard rushers this fall.
Honestly I would be surprised, just because we have yet to see one under Dino. I hope you are right! We have great backs, let’s see how the carries are spread about it will be interesting.

Adams earned snaps this fall based on what he did to WVU. There will be plenty of snaps for all three. Don't be surprised if we have two 1,000 yard rushers this fall.
If Adams is as good as, or better than, Moe then we have a potential top 5 team. Everyone associates Dino with air attack, but his system relies on dominating the pace of the game by controlling the run.

I have said before that Neal seemed to outplay Strickland last year (this isn’t a dig on Strickland). Moe Neal will surprise a lot of people this year. He has what it takes to be a great running back. If the offensive line gets to become as good as last years, the sky is the limit.

Honestly I would be surprised, just because we have yet to see one under Dino. I hope you are right! We have great backs, let’s see how the carries are spread about it will be interesting.

Recall that that HCDB expects two 1,000 yard rushers per year and more than 2,000 yards on the ground. These are his stated expectations. Add to that fact that Tommy DeVito is more of a traditional QB (we know he is very quick, but his arm is where he will make his mark) and one can expect the RBs to carry the bulk of the run game. Moe and Adams, and Howard for that matter, are different style running backs. Defenses will have to deal with the diverse running styles while stopping Tommy DeVito and the slew of receivers with which he has to play pitch and catch.

Dino likes his seniors. All other things being equal he seems to give them more playing time. That's why I'm surprised Melifonwu has beaten out Scoop - at least for now.

Adams is the home run hitter. Moe is more versatile. I think we have 3 good ones. Not sure any offensive player bar Devito is going to put up gaudy stats with the depth.

Adams is the home run hitter. Moe is more versatile. I think we have 3 good ones. Not sure any offensive player bar Devito is going to put up gaudy stats with the depth.
Wrong. Adams is the most complete back we have had in a very long time. He is head and shoulders our best back. MO will start but Adams is our best back.

Wrong. Adams is the most complete back we have had in a very long time. He is head and shoulders our best back. MO will start but Adams is our best back.
I think that remains to be seen. In the short time Adams played against WVU, he was good, not spectacular but good. I think Neal was held back by having to share with Strickland and Howard. I’m not complaining (that’s a good problem to have). I think Neal will get more carries and will shine even more this year. Adams will get his chance to prove he is the best back of the group. I can’t wait to watch it all unfold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom