Monday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Monday Articles

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
I am temporarily filling in for OE as he recovers from surgery. Get well soon Dan.

SU News

-3756f9344085a398.JPG

A Georgetown Alumnus Praises CJ Fair (PS; Your Letters)

To the Editor:

An Open Letter To C.J. Fair:

Dear C.J.,

You are the man. I know that the NBA draft Thursday night couldn't have been easy for you. I watched specifically see you chosen, by far you were my most favorite player this past season. As one of your most unlikely fans, I felt compelled to write and tell you how much I've enjoyed watching you play and grow as an athlete these past four years.

I'm a Kentuckian by birth and a Georgetown alumnus. Basketball was like religion growing up. My husband happens to be an Orangeman who is passionate about the Syracuse athletics, as it happens we fell in love over college basketball.

The charge you made against Duke brought me to my feet; every layup you've made has been executed with grace and ease. C.J., it's been a pleasure watching you excel at such a challenging game. You have such a tremendous heart for the game; I'm excited to see what comes next for you. Don't let the draft get you down, put on your sweat band and go get em! I'll even wear orange!

Keep your head held high and best of luck!

Sara Palmer
Newport Beach, Calif.

Syracuse-Duke 2014 (Good Content, Poor Quality)

Former Players

-c39ee60fc82d0841.jpg

Phoenix Suns Coach on TE: 'He's Going to Make Plays, Make Guys Better' (PS; AP)

T.J. Warren and Tyler Ennis are not exactly strangers to each other.

Twice last season, as members of the Atlantic Coast Conference, Warren's North Carolina State squad met Ennis' Syracuse team. Now they are teammates — picked in the first round by the Phoenix Suns.

With their parents and other family members looking on, they were introduced at a news conference Friday at Suns headquarters, and each praised the other.

"We were 1-1" Ennis said. "They beat us in the tournament."

They bring a healthy respect for each other.

"You watch a player and you respect him after the game," Ennis said. "Then the next year you get to play with him. I think we kind of know each other's game and I think we'll work well together."

062914-jerami-grant-6001.jpg

Jerami Grant and His Basketball Family (philly.com; Tynes)

WHEN JERAMI Grant, one of the Sixers' second-round draft picks, walked into the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine on Saturday, he did so with some exclusive company.

Accompanied by his father, former Sixer Harvey Grant, Jerami Grant has something that his new teammates are lacking - a family full of NBA talent. But just like his fellow second-rounders, he's coming to Philadelphia with a chip on his shoulder.

"We all try to make our own way, but we definitely try to learn from our parents' experiences," Jerami Grant said, his blue Sixers hat resting in front of him as he sat between fellow draft picks Pierre Jackson and Jordan McRae.
donte-greene-in-summer-leaguejpg-42ff2a56de2d84e1.jpg

Donte Green (13)

Report: Donte Greene To Play in Summer League with Brooklyn Nets (PS; Domin)

Another former Syracuse basketball player will be involved in the NBA's summer league next month.

Donte Greene will play this summer with the Brooklyn Nets, according to reports from NetsDaily and other outlets.

Greene is one of at least six former Syracuse players who will play for an NBA team this summer.

The Nets begin summer league play next Saturday in Orlando. Most other Syracuse players will be in the league in Las Vegas.

Other

DSC03414.jpg

Syracuse Lady Knights vs FCW Elite

Soccer: Syracuse Lady Knights Stay Undefeated (centralny.twcnews.com)

The Syracuse Lady Knights stayed undefeated with a 5-0 win over the Rhode Island Reds Saturday afternoon. With the win, the Knights improve to 5-0-2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom