More about Anae... | Syracusefan.com

More about Anae...

BillSU

All American
https://orangefizz.net/2021/12/who-are-robert-anae-and-jason-beck/#
https://orangefizz.net/2021/12/who-are-robert-anae-and-jason-beck/#

COMMENTS

I posted earier about being careful what you wish for, kind of putting Dino and Anae in the same boat as far as play calling. I hadn't read all the good stuff about Anae - how stupid but I wanted to give two sides to this story. The following is a more recent post and gives Robert Anae kudos for what he accomplished which is what I thought about what I had read about him in the first place. I hope this puts a better light on Anae.

9 hours ago:

With early signing day in the rearview mirror, Dino Babers seems to be focussing on his coaching staff. After a five-win season that Babers defended as a success considering the low expectations the nation had for the Orange going into the year, SU saw a mass exodus from the coaching staff. Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach Sterlin Gilbert, Tight Ends Coach Reno Ferri and Defensive Line Coach Vince Reynolds are all out. With the hire of Special Teams Coordinator Bob Ligashesky, Babers is starting to fill the vacancies.

Unlike most of the OC applicants, Anae was not fired from his last job. Head Coach Bronco Mendenhall surprised the nation when he resigned. That meant that Anae hit the market as a highly coveted play caller. This hire makes too much sense for Syracuse. The former BYU assistant led the Cavaliers to an elite offensive performance in 2021. UVA ranked third nationally in yards per game with over 516, and scored nearly 35 points per game (22nd in the FBS.) The numbers speak for themselves, but Anae has yet another nugget to his resumé that should make Babers’ eyes pop. He has a surplus of experience and success with dual-threat QBs. Bryce Perkins parlayed his time under Anae to an NFL roster spot with the Rams. Brennan Armstrong is coming off the best passing season in program history. For his career, Armstrong ranks second among all Cavs QBs in career passing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom