More about Beck... | Syracusefan.com

More about Beck...

BillSU

All American
The more I think about this the better I feel and hope that both Anae and Beck make the decision to come to SU. Below is a pic of Jason and his wife Jamie.

The thing I am concerned about is the fact that Beck has been coaching QB's for a long time and might be thinking about moving to an OC position elsewhere. As mentioned earlier if both come to SU and are successful, as time passes Anae retires, Beck would be able to step in to the OC position as he and Anae have worked well together and he's fully capable of that scenario.

"Like it or not, Garrett Shrader is here to stay. Contrary to popular belief, that’s probably a good thing. The throwing ability was there in flashes last season. If Shrader can become a more reliable passer, even marginally, then his game will take off. After all, his running ability was complimented perfectly byAll- American Sean Tucker. The tailback carried the offense, and the two of them together morphed the run-pass-option into a run-run-pass-option. The one-two punch in the backfield was practically unmatched all year."

We could certainally use Jason to work with Shrader to make him a more reliable passer. Garrett showed he has the arm at VTech and many of his passes this year were tight spirals as we would like them. But he needs further development to get his total package really dangerous. Anae is the guy to not only keep that going, but to build on it too.

"Jason Beck deserves plenty of credit for his role in the emergence of Armstrong too. It seems as perfect a fit for Beck to come in and work with Shrader and the rest of the quarterbacks as Anae. Then again, they might be a package deal. After so much success together, there is no reason to separate themselves unless Beck gets an OC job. Beck is a proven commodity, but it will also be nice to have a coach for the offense and another for the quarterbacks, rather than have one guy take on two roles like Gilbert.

The stage is set and the names are out there. This offseason, and these coaching hires, whether they are successful or not, will be a turning point in Babers’ career. In fact, these hires will likely be the determining factor to see whether or not Babers gets to finish out his contract."

FEBUE-nXwAgpcNG

Last edited:
The more I think about this the better I feel and hope that both Anae and Beck make the decision to come to SU. Below is a pic of Jason and his wife Jamie.

The thing I am concerned about is the fact that Beck has been coaching QB's for a long time and might be thinking about moving to an OC position elsewhere. As mentioned earlier if both come to SU and are successful, as time passes Anae retires, Beck would be able to step in to the OC position as he and Anae have worked well together and he's fully capable of that scenario.

"Like it or not, Garrett Shrader is here to stay. Contrary to popular belief, that’s probably a good thing. The throwing ability was there in flashes last season. If Shrader can become a more reliable passer, even marginally, then his game will take off. After all, his running ability was complimented perfectly byAll- American Sean Tucker. The tailback carried the offense, and the two of them together morphed the run-pass-option into a run-run-pass-option. The one-two punch in the backfield was practically unmatched all year."

We could certainally use Jason to work with Shrader to make him a more reliable passer. Garrett showed he has the arm at VTech and many of his passes this year were tight spirals as we would like them. But he needs further development to get his total package really dangerous. Anae is the guy to not only keep that going, but to build on it too.

"Jason Beck deserves plenty of credit for his role in the emergence of Armstrong too. It seems as perfect a fit for Beck to come in and work with Shrader and the rest of the quarterbacks as Anae. Then again, they might be a package deal. After so much success together, there is no reason to separate themselves unless Beck gets an OC job. Beck is a proven commodity, but it will also be nice to have a coach for the offense and another for the quarterbacks, rather than have one guy take on two roles like Gilbert.

The stage is set and the names are out there. This offseason, and these coaching hires, whether they are successful or not, will be a turning point in Babers’ career. In fact, these hires will likely be the determining factor to see whether or not Babers gets to finish out his contract."

FEBUE-nXwAgpcNG
They could take that same picture in from of Green Lakes and it would look just as nice. I'm in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom