More cosmic significance | Syracusefan.com

More cosmic significance

SWC75

Bored Historian
In the last three games both Syracuse and it's opponent have had exactly the same free throw shooting percentage:

Opponent / US vs. THEM
Oakland 15/18 = 83.3% vs. 20/24 = 83.3%
North Florida 18/24 = 75.0% vs. 9/12 = 75.0%
Niagara 14/18 = 77.8% vs. 7/9 = 77.8%

As soon as we figure out what it all means, we'll get back to you.

1577705914125.png

Last edited:
Scary that both North Florida and Niagara got to the line more than us ..

Scary that both North Florida and Niagara got to the line more than us ..

Actually they didn't. the first number was ours. I've added a heading that makes that more clear. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
I'm more interested as to why the last two games have had the opponent shoot double the number of FT's as we have.
Here's what it does not mean: There is a conspiracy, all the refs are against us, the NCAA still is out for JB, or the southern ACC bias wants us to fail.

We have already heard those reasons this season. The FT disparity will likely continue, if not increase, during ACC play.

Actually they didn't. the first number was ours. I've added a heading that makes that more clear. Soory for the confusion.

Ah ok- appreciate the clarity.

Entropy. Pretty soon all basketball games will end in a tie.

No one’s complaining about ref bias in the games where we shoot more FTs than the other guys? Don’t we want fair contests?

No one’s complaining about ref bias in the games where we shoot more FTs than the other guys? Don’t we want fair contests?

That's the job of the other team's fans! :cool:

And for as many 3s we shoot its remarkable that we shoot more than anybody. Except maybe North Florida.
we trail only ND and VT in conference trey attempts. don't expect a lot of free throws launching deep.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom