More Lester confirmation as QB coach | Syracusefan.com

More Lester confirmation as QB coach

Seems very impressive. He's a very successful D-III head coach. Here's a great write-up by Elmhurst announcing his departure:

http://www.elmhurstbluejays.com/news/2013/1/14/FB_0114132819.aspx?path=football

Elmhurst finished #8 in the final D-III polls and won a share of their conference championship for the first time since 1980. His team consistently scored 30+ points per game. Might make a very good part of a new offensive nucleus.

Sounds like one hell of a coach but at this point getting some recruiters with solid east coast ties would be nice . Unless we're gonna start tapping the d3 ranks to go along with our west coast roots

Sounds like one hell of a coach but at this point getting some recruiters with solid east coast ties would be nice . Unless we're gonna start tapping the d3 ranks to go along with our west coast roots
Agreed.
This is a positive hire by Coach Shafer on the offensive side of the ball, which he badly needed. A lot will turn on who he can bring in as OC, but having guys like Lester as a position coach is a good thing. His teams were successful with Lester recruiting the best running back in Elmhust history and the best player in D-III this year.

Very good hire as the QB coach.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yet another Shaf connection. I like where this is headed...

Two thoughts...

First, I've always felt we needed a dedicated QB coach. Like the hire

Second, where in the hell has this Footballscoop.com website come from? Seems like they've become very connected with SU all of a sudden...

Two thoughts...

First, I've always felt we needed a dedicated QB coach. Like the hire

Second, where in the hell has this Footballscoop.com website come from? Seems like they've become very connected with SU all of a sudden...

I have been checking it out for the past few days and it looks like they are connected with every program. It seems like they share information or are getting the same information from the same sources as coachingsearch.com does.

Hopefully, he won't teach 'the hop' during the 5 step drop back.

Oh good lord... I completely forgot about Perry Patterson's bunny hop from under center.

I swear, Greg Robinson must've been dropped as a baby.

Oh good lord... I completely forgot about Perry Patterson's bunny hop from under center.

I swear, Greg Robinson must've been dropped as a baby.

I almost puked up my breakfast, please stop.

Is there a possibility he may be named OC later, given he has experience as a HC? Isn't it normal to fill the OC job first so he can have input on hiring position coaches?

I almost puked up my breakfast, please stop.
Early taught the same technique to Andrew Robinson as well. No wonder the poor kid took to drinking.

Is there a possibility he may be named OC later, given he has experience as a HC? Isn't it normal to fill the OC job first so he can have input on hiring position coaches?
Unless there is some super secret hire that hasn't hit the rumor mill yet, you may be right. Not sure this would be considered home run though. Maybe a ground rule double?

Unless there is some super secret hire that hasn't hit the rumor mill yet, you may be right. Not sure this would be considered home run though. Maybe a ground rule double?
It's only a HR when HCSS says it a HR.

Very early prediction-I predict this guy is going to succeed our next OC

Is it possible Lester is not our next QB coach but our next OC instead?

Really? A head coach of a D3 team (hint: they don't offer athletic scholarships and therefore don't really compete for recruits like FBS schools do) that put up good offensive numbers is a ground rule double as OC? Wow, are you easy to please.

Let me give you a comparison. Houston just hired Doug Meacham, Oklahoma State's passing game coordinator to be their new OC.

I would be just fine with Lester coming in as QB coach and for that role, I'd say he is a batted ball that is in the field of play and we don't know whether it will get through the hole or not. That will depend on his recruiting abilities and his ability to develop a competent QB out of the options we have and we probably won't know really ever whether his batted ball gets through the hole or not, because QB success could come from the OC, HC or QB coach and most likely all three combined to some degree.

Lester coming in as an OC would be a swing and a dribbler down the first base line. He may end up being safe at first by legging one out depending on how the offense goes this year and how he ends up as a recruiter, but he's not a HR, he's not a double. He's not a strong single. He would be a worse choice than Meacham, who went to a worse situation by far. Meacham isn't the only name out there. Cubit was, McDonald is, any of the NFL guys that have been mentioned on here are potentially available.

With that said, I am hopeful that Lester is our QB coach, does a good job, and that we bring in a very strong choice for OC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom