More on MCW | Syracusefan.com

More on MCW

orange2win

2nd String
Sorry no gossip. Just basketball stuff.

If MCW had made just one more little itty-bitty assist in the Arkansas game, he would have gotten himself a triple double. That would have put him in a club with just 5 other players in SU basketball history (Bing, L. Rautins, DC1, Sims and Griffin). Since he has hit a double-double five times already this year, chances are the next time he scores 10 or more RBs, he will make it in.

Even more interesting . MCW is second in the nation in steals and has made as many as 6 in one game so far this year. If by chance he was to make 10 steals in the game where he gets his triple double (Pts, Asts, RBs), he would become only the second player in college basketball history to get a quadruple-double. In fact, it has only been done by 4 players in the NBA and always involving blks and not stls. No player – pro or college - has ever made a quintuple-double.

How hard is it to get 10 steals in a game. Incredibly hard. It has only been done once in SU basketball history (Todd Burgan 11/30/97). Two others have made 9 (Thues & Shumpert).

Still – as NYS Lotto tells us – Hey, you never know.

MCW has a really good chance of getting a triple double this season. I have been keeping a running percentage on his chances, which I put at about 29% after tonight's game. MCW's steals are pretty constant, 5 games with 3, 2 with each 4 and 5, putting 10 steals at a very very very small chance (approaching 0%). In fact right now he has a slightly better chance of having 10 turnovers.

Sorry no gossip. Just basketball stuff.

If MCW had made just one more little itty-bitty assist in the Arkansas game, he would have gotten himself a triple double. That would have put him in a club with just 5 other players in SU basketball history (Bing, L. Rautins, DC1, Sims and Griffin). Since he has hit a double-double five times already this year, chances are the next time he scores 10 or more RBs, he will make it in.

Even more interesting . MCW is second in the nation in steals and has made as many as 6 in one game so far this year. If by chance he was to make 10 steals in the game where he gets his triple double (Pts, Asts, RBs), he would become only the second player in college basketball history to get a quadruple-double. In fact, it has only been done by 4 players in the NBA and always involving blks and not stls. No player – pro or college - has ever made a quintuple-double.

How hard is it to get 10 steals in a game. Incredibly hard. It has only been done once in SU basketball history (Todd Burgan 11/30/97). Two others have made 9 (Thues & Shumpert).

Still – as NYS Lotto tells us – Hey, you never know.

Interesting. Nice post. I always liked James Thues. A terrific defensive guard. Not much offense. We would have been in even worse trouble during the 2001-2002 NIT year without him.

We'd have to go way back to get to a guard who we ran as much offense through. MCW is teh offense at this point.

What I am seeing for the first time in a long time is a team that WANTS to put the ball back into MCW's hands. If the first attempt goes bad, it is no longer a one on one chuck of some sort. It's get the ball back to MCW and start over. I like his chemistry with BT a lot. MCW's a lot like dare I say Jason Kidd in that he makes everyone better.

What I am seeing for the first time in a long time is a team that WANTS to put the ball back into MCW's hands. If the first attempt goes bad, it is no longer a one on one chuck of some sort. It's get the ball back to MCW and start over. I like his chemistry with BT a lot. MCW's a lot like dare I say Jason Kidd in that he makes everyone better.
I dare say we have not seen his style of PG here. Sherm was a different style, JHart also. I keep slapping myself saying its heresy, but Magic Johnson is always what comes to mind.