9)Josh Wright, all the talent, no work ethic
10)Terrance Roberts, ughhh
12)Mookie Watkins, ughhhh
13)Loie McKroskey, thought he was the go to guy, not even close
14)Desahyn Wright, thanks for stopping by
15)Winford Walton, thx for showing up
16)Mookie Jones, what could have been
17)Fab Melo, cost us a final 4

the dismantling of Billy Edelin was most disheartening.

If Winfred Walton lived up to being a top five recruit or even close, the 96-97 doesn't miss the tournament, which at the time was the first time in years for a non probation team. If he stays a second year at a projected level, the 97-98 sweet 16 team is so much better. The only other person I put on that list with a comparable effect is Fab Melo in terms of how the disappointment truly cost the team a new level. I still say Winfred Walton is the biggest hurt to actuals results of anyone that was an actual commit to the program (which maybe brings up a future list of biggest effect of a lost recruit).

Harris scored over 1200 points in three seasons and averaged over 7 boards a game despite being just 6'5". I wish things worked out better between him and Boeheim at the end, but I'd say he had a pretty damn good career.
I wonder what his +/- was for when he was on the floor, especially for league play. 1200 pts is fine if you don't give up 1300! I think what gets in peoples craw are things like the one game his 2nd yera where he had 3 major goofs in a manner of 5 minutes and almost cost SU the game. and the Pitt game wher he literally threw thw game away.

If Winfred Walton lived up to being a top five recruit or even close, the 96-97 doesn't miss the tournament, which at the time was the first time in years for a non probation team. If he stays a second year at a projected level, the 97-98 sweet 16 team is so much better. The only other person I put on that list with a comparable effect is Fab Melo in terms of how the disappointment truly cost the team a new level. I still say Winfred Walton is the biggest hurt to actuals results of anyone that was an actual commit to the program (which maybe brings up a future list of biggest effect of a lost recruit).
Considering Walton's failure at other schools, what were the odds of him living up to expectations at SU had he stayed. Has any top 5 recruit ever fallen as far has he did?

Michael Brown, Rodney Walker, both McDonalds All-Americans who quit mid-way through their sophomore years. Both from Baltimore, Brown transferred to Clemson, Walker to Maryland, neither played much at their new school. They were the big recruits between Pearl, DC, and Stevie. From 83-84 to 86-87 we had 5 McDonalds All-Americans, only 2 stayed 4 years.

I found Trob most frustrating. However, he also made one of the most surprising plays I have seen a Syracuse player make with that three pointer against Rutgers in OT.

I was always amused that people found Craig Forth so frustrating. They thought he was going to develop into a 12 / 10 kind of player, but that just wasn't him.

I found Trob most frustrating. However, he also made one of the most surprising plays I have seen a Syracuse player make with that three pointer against Rutgers in OT.
loved that shot, man I remember we started pressing in that game and came back in quick amount of time

I was always amused that people found Craig Forth so frustrating. They thought he was going to develop into a 12 / 10 kind of player, but that just wasn't him.

That's probably what's so frustrating about it. This is the case with many players on this list. The physique suggests one thing but the mental make-up or skill-set dictates another.

I found Paul Harris to definitely be the most frustrating...brilliant at times, horrible others.

Bobby Lazor was the worst waste of talent from the get-go. He had such unbelievable potential but was such an incredible douchebag just like his father. I blocked his shot senior year in high school, and instead of coming at me again trying to score he blamed me for "intentionally fouling" him and, in his words, "making me look bad." His entitled attitude at Syracuse is what screwed him over.

in no specific order
1)Richard Manning, for blowing a wide open layup in a 87-86 loss to providence
2)Earl Duncan, horrible attitude
3)Keith Hughes, a big baby
4)Anthony Harris, all the hype, never panned out
5)Bobby Lazor, never brought it
6)Ovicina, a big baby
7)Eric Williams, cry me a river
8)Deshaun Williams, really?
9)Josh Wright, all the talent, no work ethic
10)Terrance Roberts, ughhh
12)Mookie Watkins, ughhhh
13)Loie McKroskey, thought he was the go to guy, not even close
14)Desahyn Wright, thanks for stopping by
15)Winford Walton, thx for showing up
16)Mookie Jones, what could have been
17)Fab Melo, cost us a final 4

All Most-Frustrating Team:

PG - Billy Edelin's "Compliance Team" that cost him 14 games ("Free Billy)
SG - MeShaun Williams
SF - Paul Harris
PF - Arinze's knee (2011)
C- Fab Melo's brain (2011-2012)

Honorable mention:

Bill Rapp

LeRon Ellis...I can still picture him running to the locker room because JB yelled at him during a game

I found Paul Harris to definitely be the most frustrating...brilliant at times, horrible others.

Bobby Lazor was the worst waste of talent from the get-go. He had such unbelievable potential but was such an incredible douchebag just like his father. I blocked his shot senior year in high school, and instead of coming at me again trying to score he blamed me for "intentionally fouling" him and, in his words, "making me look bad." His entitled attitude at Syracuse is what screwed him over.
I was told by someone with good inside information that his nickname on the team was Bobby Lazy.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

No love for Mark Konecny?

Ryan Blackwell's penchant for stepping out of bounds on the baseline was very frustrating

I define frustrating as "me wanting to launch an object at my tv" after said player did something. Not saying these are bad players, just players that often did things that no one on the planet could explain.

That being said here's my all time team:

PG-Scoop - "Scoopid" is now in the urban dictionary for a reason. Be honest, that bogus rumor about scoop tossing games seemed plausible at the time didn't it?

SG-Paul Harris- if we dont beat uconn in the six overtime game, all we'd remember would be paul's blown chance to ice the game with an easy layup. He led the conference every year in GSBTR..."getting stuffed by the rim". I know he's not a two guard, but he was bumped there because...

SF-Todd Burgan captain's this team. Luckily $5,000 flat screen tvs didn't come out until after he graduated. The most famous Burgan highlight is him trying to make a play against St. John's in the big east tourney...over dribbling the ball off his foot, launching a prayer of a pass from his knees and getting bailed out by Ryan Blackwell. That's his defining SU memory.

PF- Trob. Hardest position to pick. But after looking back on his career, all I can remember is his "noooooo don't" three to beat Rutgers and him chasing gmac around at the garden and bear hugging him after each win in 2006. Not exactly a highlight reel for a cuse PF.

C- Fab Melo. This was closer than you think as Rony finished a close second. We romantically look back at Seikalys career, but truth be told he was one Schintzius game away from never having a "memorable moment".
It's hard to argue with Fab. Who holds two distinct records. "Shortest game appearance"--- remember that 3 second appearance his freshman year?? And the worst "holy crap I can't believe he took that" shot, with that 17 footer in the big east tourney when we were trying to milk the clock two years ago. I'd make him a co-capt except I'm not sure he got a "C" in anything while he was here...can't start now.

Haven't looked at anyone list yet, so I am just going to say it starts with Paul Harris.

Then DeSean Williams, at least Paul was trying very hard and had his heart in the right place, DeSean was a cancer on SU hoops.

Then as far as guys I had huge hopes for buy crapped the bed and left, I would go with Mike Jones and LeSean Howard

I was in the category that Paul Harris was gonna come to cuse and change the program entirely. When he came to Blue cross a few times in HS and played again East High, he was greatest HS player I've ever seen. Kid just dominated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom