Most Hated Team - 2017 version | Syracusefan.com

Most Hated Team - 2017 version

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Up to 7 nominations per person.

1. Gtown 2.Duke 3. Uconn 4 Kentucky 5. Kansas 6. North Carolina 7. UCLA

Last edited:
In no particular order:
  • Ped St - do I need to list the reasons?
  • Rutgirls - because they're the annoying little brother who you let hang around who then embarrasses you by picking his nose in front of the girl you're trying to date - and then stepped in s*** to get into the P5
  • Georgetown - because no matter what time it is...
  • UConn - I know some here feel sorry for them. Screw 'em
  • Pitt - I have hated them since they beat us in Syracuse in 1982 in the Dome 14-0 when they were ranked #2 in the country - Dan Marino was the QB and they also had Bill Fralic, Jimbo Covert, etc. As I recall, it was 7-0 going into the 4th quarter. Their fans acted as if it was 1976 all over again
  • Boston College - because they don't even try anymore - even their hockey team sucks this year. Talk about 'take the money and run'...
  • Notre Dame - duh

In no particular order:
  • Rutgirls - because they're the annoying little brother who you let hang around who then embarrasses you by picking his nose in front of the girl you're trying to date - and then stepped in s*** to get into the P5
  • Pitt - I have hated them since they beat us in Syracuse in 1982 in the Dome 14-0 when they were ranked #2 in the country - Dan Marino was the QB and they also had Bill Fralic, Jimbo Covert, etc. As I recall, it was 7-0 going into the 4th quarter. Their fans acted as if it was 1976 all over again
  • Boston College - because they don't even try anymore - even their hockey team sucks this year. Talk about 'take the money and run'...
  • Notre Dame - duh
I was thinking BB not FB, answers would be totally different

Georgetown
ND
Mich
UConn
Penn St
Pitt
UCLA for cheating in the Wooden days

Jackson State.

They ruined Mississippi Valley State's perfect season. Unforgivable.

UConn, Pitt, G-town, Boston College, Va Tech, Indiana, I hold a grudge. Kentucky. Did I mention that I hole a grudge

In no particular order:
  • Notre Dame - duh
Penn st and rutgers have basketball teams?

Football :

Pitt
Miami
Nc st
Ped st
Michigan
VT
Maryland

Penn st and rutgers have basketball teams?
The thread title said "Most Hated Team". Didn't specify sport.
upload_2018-1-30_20-3-45.gif

But it is on the basketball board and as a mod you know full well that nobody ever goes off topic!
We allow more leeway on the main boards. Now, if this thread were on the recruiting boards... ;)

Is the corporation considered a team? I hated them for what they did to Stone Cold and how they stole the smoking skull belt.

I don't "hate" anyone. I think that is a terrible word.

Funny you say that. The word makes me cringe, my mother wouldn’t let it even be said in the house ever - she’d tell us that it’s a horrible word, if you absolutely must give an opinion just say ‘ ‘you don’t like ’ or ‘be positive and tell them what you prefer’. It’s funny how parents can imprint valuable lessons from a young age. Not trying to be preachy but I really dislike that word too.

I think most here understands that when the word 'hate' is used when referring to sports teams, it is different than when that word is applied to people/races/nationalities/etc.

I think there is a difference between 'hating' an amorphous entity such as a sports team and all it represents to someone, and 'hating' an individual.

Personally, I can 'hate' Rutgers. I draw the line at 'hating' {insert the name of your least favorite coach/player here}.
upload_2018-1-31_6-30-59.gif