Most important moving forward | Syracusefan.com

Most important moving forward

Flacusian

All Conference
is for the team to get better defensively. JB touched on this in the post game presser. As exhilarating as the recent 5 game win streak has been the margin of victory has been razor thin. JB pointed out how Gillon went 9 for 10 on 3s vs. Virginia and had he only made 7 (or even 8) we lose that game. JB has repeatedly stated that our biggest liability is " we just can't stop anybody".

I like some of the posts I've seen here which purport that the defense needs to get the point of at least being "average". I couldn't agree more. The good news is that the team has at times, displayed the ability to play defense at a high level. Now the challenge will be to do so on a sustainable basis. The success of last years team was largely in part to the fact that it had become a defensive juggernaut. This years team is an offensive machine that features 4 guys who can go off for 25+ on any given night. It makes it difficult for other teams to defend.

The bottom line is we MUST find a way to improve defensively or at some point the pressure which is put on the offense to score on nearly every possession will do us in. If we can, as some have suggested, get to the point where we are at least average defensively, the sky is the limit as to what this team can achieve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom