Most memorable win at uconn? | Syracusefan.com

Most memorable win at uconn?

The fight of the centiry, Uncle Leo vs. Frank Costanza, who wins?

• Frank Costanza

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Uncle Leo

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

gilardino

Starter
for me it was 1988. game was tied, about 5 secons left, uconn inbounds the ball and sophmore sensation Stevie Thompson steals the inbound pass and goes in for the winning dunk. Cuse wins 71-69 I believe. I believe the game was played on SAat Feb 20th, 1988. Great win for the cuse

for me it was 1988. game was tied, about 5 secons left, uconn inbounds the ball and sophmore sensation Stevie Thompson steals the inbound pass and goes in for the winning dunk. Cuse wins 71-69 I believe. I believe the game was played on SAat Feb 20th, 1988. Great win for the cuse
this was right after steve pickal (sp) called time out when the Huskies had a 3 on 1 break. And as if that wasn't bad enough, we steal the inbounds and take it to the house. I remember the Huskie firing a towel to the floor.

1999 Damon Brown was a sophomore and scored 17 in a rout

I thought last year was pretty memorable. It might have been our last game forever in Storrs, it was ESPN Game Day, the crowd was terribly hostile, we blew a huge lead and than came back to win it at the last second. Also, we clinched the BE championship that night by so doing -- and some Big East executive (Nick Carparelli, I think) had to come into our locker room to give us the championship trophy (even though we were already on our way out of the Big East). If it were a home game, I am sure we would have received the trophy at mid-court. But in that hostile atmosphere, it was clearly better to do it in the privacy of the locker room.

All artsy uncle Leo fight-club videos aside, Costanza would eat him alive. I'm dumbfounded that anyone could vote against him. He's like a cornered animal.

Those back to back threes sealed it. Didn't he have a couple blocks too? 59-42.

2 years ago was a nice one too, we were on a 4 game losing streak going into the game, remember triche hitting a big 3 from the corner.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

I remember this game well. Watching from my dorm room in Lawrinson. This back in the day when UConn had yet to break through. Perhaps they won the NIT that year. You know, the tournament for non-elite teams. It's hard to remember back that far. Which is why UConn fans have no recollection of the early Calhoun and Dom Perno eras.

I remember this game well. Watching from my dorm room in Lawrinson. This back in the day when UConn had yet to break through. Perhaps they won the NIT that year. You know, the tournament for non-elite teams. It's hard to remember back that far. Which is why UConn fans have no recollection of the early Calhoun and Dom Perno eras.
thats why i cant count it.

they were a doormat in my mind, the fact that they came back was more annoying and the win was just the better team waking the .

just like the 6 OT game.

thats why forever and ever...F storz, theyre useless.

we should NEVER EVER play them again.

i seriously cannot think of a more useless program.

Oh Lord

Can't go with this as they were playing without Rip Hamilton and Jake Voskull. They most likely would have killed us with both of them. I think they only lost 2 games that year.

Got to be this one for me - I was there and the Orange contingent went nuts. The other choice - a couple years ago - we were on a 4-game losing streak, IIRC, and going into Hartford against a highly-ranked UConn team. Pulled out the win by about 8 or 9 points (too busy to look it up now). Other than winning (again!) on UConn's home floor, was the fact that this was the first game my daughters were 'legal' - my wife and I sent THEM on all the beer runs. BANG!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom