Most of us wanted to split this week | Syracusefan.com

Most of us wanted to split this week

jdubs30

Living Legend
And we did. 1-1 in 2 road games this week. 8-5 in the ACC. Still in control of our path to the tourney. We get Ville at the Dome on Monday and we know the joint will be rocking. We played bad today and almost had it. Take the L and move on.

8-5 in the ACC.

We go 3-2 and we will get in the tourney. Protect the Dome, win @GaTech - and all of sudden we finish 12-6.

LGO

One game at a time but if we want to get ahead of ourselves if we get to 11-7 in acc we are a lock. I am so sick of hearing this "must win" crap, its like people have no clue what the definition of "must win" is...or the english language. Go Cuse

We have a good opportunity Monday but we need Battle healthy and ready to go

3-2 and we are fine. Gotta be healthy the rest of the way. Duke barely survived at home today, Ville is down at home. Tech is beatable both games. Let's do it boys and girls

One game at a time but if we want to get ahead of ourselves if we get to 11-7 in acc we are a lock. I am so sick of hearing this "must win" crap, its like people have no clue what the definition of "must win" is...or the english language. Go Cuse
lol I hear you bro.

honestly we are 8-5 right now. If we beat Louisville (road or home) and beat GaTech (road or home) we will be in. That will give us 10 ACC wins and wins over UVA, FSU and Ville. No other bubble team can match that.

Split against Ville and one other game and I think we're good

I think people are underestimating how much the committee will dock SU's resume value when assessing their dreadful performance away from the Dome.
The RPI takes into account road performance. So whatever our number is in that will reflect us on the road.

Clemson just lost @Duke today by 2.

The RPI takes into account road performance. So whatever our number is in that will reflect us on the road.

Clemson just lost @Duke today by 2.
SU's RPI was 62 going into today. If we're depending on RPI, we're screwed.

lol I hear you bro.

honestly we are 8-5 right now. If we beat Louisville (road or home) and beat GaTech (road or home) we will be in. That will give us 10 ACC wins and wins over UVA, FSU and Ville. No other bubble team can match that.

Close call but am inclined to agree with you, the cmte will focus on quality wins because they want teams capable of going to Sweet 16, Elite 8, FF, etc. just like SU last year

lol I hear you bro.

Guess we were due for a bad game. That said today was a sizable step back. Kind of hope Lydon and Battle were a little banged up today or a little under the weather, would explain things. But flip side of that coin they got 48 hrs to get better

Guess we were due for a bad game. That said today was a sizable step back. Kind of hope Lydon and Battle were a little banged up today or a little under the weather, would explain things. But flip side of that coin they got 48 hrs to get better
I'm with you man. But Battle+Lydon went 4/12. AW went 4 for his last 13. FRANK HOWARD WENT 3/9. They made more 3s than us and shot a better percentage; they were better than us from the line; they outrebounded us by 16; and they were at home. We lost by 5.

Just think about all of that lol

I'm with you man. But Battle+Lydon went 4/12. AW went 4 for his last 13. FRANK HOWARD WENT 3/9. They made more 3s than us and shot a better percentage; they were better than us from the line; they outrebounded us by 16; and they were at home. We lost by 5.

Just think about all of that lol
We had to rebound in this game and just got creamed on the boards. To me that was the diff. Go Cuse!

RPI values a close road loss more than a close home win. Today will not hurt our RPI.

From wikipedia

"In its current formulation, the index comprises a team's winning percentage (25%), its opponents' winning percentage (50%), and the winning percentage of those opponents' opponents (25%). The opponents' winning percentage and the winning percentage of those opponents' opponents both comprise the strength of schedule (SOS). Thus, the SOS accounts for 75% of the RPI calculation and is 2/3 its opponents' winning percentage and 1/3 its opponents' opponents' winning percentage.

The RPI lacks theoretical justification from a statistical standpoint. Other ranking systems which include the margin of victory of games played or other statistics in addition to the win/loss results have been shown to be a better predictor of the outcomes of future games. However, because the margin of victory has been manipulated in the past by teams or individuals in the context of gambling, the RPI can be used to mitigate motivation for such manipulation."

The other metrics like KenPom and Sagarin are more accurate and do consider things like home/road and margins... RPI is awful and way overvalues strength of schedule over winning games but its opponent rank that's important not road/home or margin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom