most talented frontcourt quartet since when | Syracusefan.com

most talented frontcourt quartet since when

moqui

generational talent
1990?

Coleman/Owens/Ellis/Thompson
vs
McCullough/Roberson/Christmas/Johnson

that 1990 team had Dave Johnson and Richie Manning getting good minutes off the bench, plus Tony Scott & Conrad McRae on the deep bench

1990?

vs

that 1990 team had Dave Johnson and Richie Manning getting good minutes off the bench, plus Tony Scott & Conrad McRae on the deep bench

They're going to need them to be as good as 1990. Watched the Duke highlights. My first time seeing Okafor. That kid looks amazing. He's got a NBA post-up game. Yeah, yeah it's Presbyterian but he's the real deal. Best offensive big man I've seen in college since Kevin Love.

1990?

vs

In my opinion, it may be too early to tell. AO's senior year with Rick standing beside him was a sight to behold, in my opinion.

Amazed at how we fed the post today. McCullough and Rak both operating out of the high post, love it. I admit I did not see that coming in any way shape or form. Love It!

Unfortunately, we won't see them reach their potential while together.

its got promise but, c'mon now. its a long way to anoint this front court (+ g and hopefully DC2)

11-12 had Fab, Rak, KJ, CJ, Dirty and BMK. Oh, and Mookie.

obviously (I thought) not talking about accomplishment on the court, just raw talent, physical ability & latent skills
In terms of pure physical ability, I don't think there's any question. AO/Rick/Wes/Kris was good, but they didn't have NEARLY the athleticism of our four guys right now.

2000? Thomas, Blackwell, Brown, McNeil...

McNeil was out hurt that year I think. But Shumpert can be added, as he was a SF. 2000 was what I was thinking as well.

1990?

vs

are you serious?

we just played a team that was half our size. the 1st half was 1 of the worst halves of bball i have ever seen from cuse. the offense was flat out terrible... but we out rebounded the hell out of them and scored on put backs.

lets hope the front court is half as good as 1990. but after 1 game vs KSU, don't be that guy to ask the question. because it is borderline asinine.

They're going to need them to be as good as 1990. Watched the Duke highlights. My first time seeing Okafor. That kid looks amazing. He's got a NBA post-up game. Yeah, yeah it's Presbyterian but he's the real deal. Best offensive big man I've seen in college since Kevin Love.

presbyterian literally had the worst defense i have ever seen. I know because i bet them +40. I knew that I lost that bet when it was 12-4.

I am SHOCKED Duke was held to such few points. Anything under 135 was purely self inflicted.

In my opinion, it may be too early to tell. AO's senior year with Rick standing beside him was a sight to behold, in my opinion.

I don't like to spend too much of my time as an SU fan looking at the past (except for 2003), but THAT was our year for a 2nd Nat Championship. To make it worse, we had Butler and Dook going for it all. Ugghh!!

Carleton...Adrian...Kennesaw State.

Schulz+I+know+nothing.jpg

obviously (I thought) not talking about accomplishment on the court, just raw talent, physical ability & latent skills

While I normally appreciate the beauty of potential, with sports I tend to have more of a "get 'er done" attitude. We've seen quite a bit posted about potential on here and only need to look as far back as the debut of my 3 sons to illustrate it. Time will tell.

let's at least play a team who's tallest player is a legit 6'6" and then about talk greatness underneath. shadow stats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom