Most threats in a team since when! | Syracusefan.com

Most threats in a team since when!

shizzah

Scout Team
The year Arinze went down and 2002-2003 when we had the ultimate threat.

White
Lydon
Thompson
Gillon
Battle
Edit: Roberson
Howard
Then Coleman and PC

Who's going to beat you?

This is fun

Last edited:
Forgive the grammar in the subject line but...

Didn't I say the year Arinze went down?

The year Arinze went down and 2002-2003 when we had the ultimate threat.

White
Lydon
Thompson
Gillon
Battle
Howard
Then Coleman and PC

Who's going to beat you?

This is fun

Definitely fun, but it's still early and we have faced only one moderately good team so far.

Btw, you forgot Robey. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

I like our guards better this year than 2009-2010. If they can dial down the turnovers we'll be tough to defend.

I don't think 09/10 is on the same level. Roberson's improvement paired with our better guards and white puts us over the top. Look at Coleman nailing 15 footers with confidence too.

I don't think 09/10 is on the same level. Roberson's improvement paired with our better guards and white puts us over the top. Look at Coleman nailing 15 footers with confidence too.
I loved our "Andy Team" with a fierce love but when AO went down, we were toast. You can't say the same for this team!

I think the 2010 team could have won it all. They were stacked, with players like Southerland and Mookie Jones coming off the bench. Mookie flamed out, but for a while there, he was money from three.

Definitely COULD have, but I don't think it is a lock like many fans seem to think. If we could have survived against Butler, I think we would have torched KSU the next game to get to the final four.

I would have liked our chances against Duke. We finished the season ranked #1 for a reason. That team had such perfect balance / offensive chemistry, and Arinze's injury really threw that off. What a damn shame.

I think we had a much better shot of beating Duke in 2010 then we would have had in beating Kentucky in 2012. But I truly believe with AO in 2010 and with Fab in 2012 we would have been in the title game both years. But the 2010 team ultimately was a 7 man rotation, whereas the 2012 team had sustained depth throughout the year.

So in terms of depth, I rank the 2012 team higher than the 2010 team.

Cheers,
Neil

I was thinking about this earlier, when was the last time we had two deep threats as good as White and Lydon? Wes and Rautins, this duo might be better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom